Fedor Signs With Strikeforce, Will Fight This Fall

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by Crunkbuc4d1, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Crunkbuc4d1

Crunkbuc4d1 Sweets' Man Slave

Well. This certainly changes things, doesn't it? Fedor Emelianenko, the number two fighter in Yahoo's pound-for-pound rankings, and the subject of contentious negotiations with the UFC, has now signed with Strikeforce. From the Strikeforce press release:
    “I am looking forward to going back to work and fighting at the highest level," said the 33-year-old Emelianenko. During his nine year professional fight career, which included a four and a half year stay with the world’s former top MMA promotion, the now defunct PRIDE Fighting Championship, the Russian native has faced and defeated all comers.
    Source

2. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

Lets see who gets his butt kicked this time.

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Anybody they put in front of him...

4. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

Well what happens if Strikeforce signs Barnett. Would that be cool?

5. hermhater

hermhater Guest

That would be awesome, if he can stay off the juice.

6. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

I read this as a followup to this story and would like GIFer's who follow MMA closely to give their take. From someone who casually follows MMA it seems like Dana White is in denial that someone could compete with UFC.
    UFC-Strikeforce battle lines drawn - UFC - Yahoo! Sports

7. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I think Dana is probably right.

Good read dude!

8. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

He said, she said. Who do you believe? A little bit of both sides I would say. I'm just a casual fan but a few things stand out from the article

9. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Fedor is the only reason other leagues are still in existence.

The UFC is so popular that there are no other events that can compete with it.

It sounds to me like Dana is going to try and destroy M1 and Strikeforce now.