Fez & TJ NFL Power Rankings. Week 3 Edition

Discussion in 'NFL Writer's Block' started by TJ, Sep 23, 2013.

1. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

That's why these rankings are bogus. You'll have my REAL rankings tomorrow.

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Bogus? Nah... Biased? Definitely...

I'll let @Fez defend this one

3. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Don't think their bogus just questionable. Maybe their being ranked on potential or pAst success

IMO Denver is clear number 1 with Seahawks or bears at 2-3 with Baltimore and saints chefs following

4. ragman

Agreed.

5. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

Alright, here we go.

#1, TJ didn't use his veto powers this time. So noone stopped me from ranking SF above KC.

#2, regarding the same controversy... KC beat JAX, DAL and PHI. Hardly powerhouses, and hardly decent defenses. Even with its struggles, SF would beat the crap out of those three and I don't see how anyone could say otherwise. Just one good win against a legitimate NFL defense, KC, that's all I'm asking.

#3, the Seattle-Denver controversy. Please. Denver's defense allowed 27 from Baltimore, 23 from NYG (the same NYG who got shut out by CAR) and 21 from the Raiders. Seattle allowed 7 from CAR, 3 from SF and JAX doesn't count because of the aforementioned argument about JAX being an NFL team. Put Seattle and Denver on the same field and I'm taking Seattle (and yes, it hurts to say) 2 times out of 3.

#4, I had no idea "REAL" power rankings existed. I'm impressed by the all caps. Might as well pack it up and stop writing these, because the REAL power rankings trump just about anything... lol.

6. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

3-0 or 1-2 which is better

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

7. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

Close call, if the 1-2 team faced a murderer's row of Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck, contrary to the 3-0 team who faced glorified CFL teams.

8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I resent the word "glorified"

9. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Holy heck guys he's right! 3-0 is a better record than 1-2! Everyone hang up their power ranking formulas, we aren't going to need them anymore. The team with the better record is always the better team. You win, you go up, you lose, you go down. Thats how REAL power rankings work. All these "opinions" and "formulas" are nonsense.

10. ragman

Everyone knows that undefeated teams should always be ranked above teams with 1 or 2 losses. It doesn't matter if it's HS football, college football, or the NFL.

11. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Exactly! Who cares about any of the extraneous stuff...schedule strength, injuries, etc, none of that makes any difference! A better record ALWAYS equals a better team.

12. ragman

You're just mad because your favorite team, which has lost 2 in a row, I might add, is imploding from within.

Don't go away mad. Just go away.

13. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

please follow your own advice.

14. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

Hang on, let's all wait until the whole college football system stops laughing at this...

15. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

I didn't want to crap on your boys that much... wouldn't want to make you upset. :icon_redface:

16. ragman

Quit making excuses for your Krappy team. See what I did there?:icon_smile:

Words of wisdom #1: "Excuses are like buttholes. Everyone's got one and they all stink.":icon_smile:

Words of wisdom #2 from former LA Dodgers Tommy Lasorda: "Don't tell people your problems. 80% of the people out there don't give a damn about your problems, and the other 20% are happy you got 'em.":icon_smile:

17. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Did you really just quote the same post twice in one page, and fail to make a remotely relevant point in either instance?

18. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Then Northern Illinois @ 3-0 should be ranked higher than a 2-1 Georgia or 3-1 Texas A&M. I dunno about that.

19. ragman

I would do that if I was in charge of rankings.

20. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

NORTHERN ILLINOIS IS BETTER THAN THE DALLAS COWBOYS!! They have a better record, so it must be so.