FIFA Thinking About To Revoke The WC From South Africa?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by ollysj, Jul 11, 2008.

1. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Rumours are around, that the FIFA is tinking about to move the 2010 World Cup away from South Africa. It looks likes the host of the tournament isn't able to finish all the stadiums in time. This and the security situation in South Africa, a country with skyrocketing crime rates, could become a reason for changing the venue.
    Favourites could become the UK or France. Both already have the infrastructure, to support a WC. I could imagne a WC in the Swiss and Austria too, since the really did an excelent job as the host of the EC this year.

As I said above, it's just a rumour at this time......

2. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

they are probabbly dong this to get more fans

3. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

now I found something about it....

The stadium at Port Elizabeth, was removed as a venue for the Confed-Cup next year.

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The last time a country couldn't host a world Cup, Mexico came to the rescue (in 1986) :icon_cheesygrin:

We can do it again...just ask!!

5. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

I'm sure the U.S. could handle it as well.

6. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

The US had it not long ago, I can't see FIFA giving it to you if they took it from South Africa.

7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

What? You want to break your own record of hosting the worst World Cup ever? :icon_eek:

8. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

^ Yeah, worst ever. The highest attended World Cup in history.

9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yeah, because of those huge stadiums (or is it stadia? I'm not sure...).

Just like the rest of the world doesn't understand baseball or football, the US don't understand soccer. A stadium in Germany with half the seats was way louder than any US stadium during the '94 World Cup.

10. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

pls football :icon_smile: i hate this word :icon_cheesygrin:

but who else ?

in europe ? France had 98 the WC , germany 06 , in italy ? :icon_cheesygrin: the worst stadiums in the world ^^

11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Mexico. :icon_cool:

We have the stadiums, and we're crazy about socc....errr....football.

kthxbye.

12. Jammin Jaguar

Eng-er-land.

13. packerboy

packerboy Bugger off

I think it's spelt England.:icon_cheesygrin:

Don't the hosts get automatic entrance? What about Australia? I'd imagine they could host it.

14. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

soccer, soccer, soccer, soccer, soccer....

Italy had a lot of problems lately. Not only with their sub standart stadiums, but with the fans too. Add the latest scandal that involved players and officials and Italy is out of competition.

15. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

England , ok , the atmosphere would be great there, great stadiums , too.

Brazil will host the WC 2014 , right ?

16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Apparently...there is not another candidate at this point. I'm not sure if the decision has been made.

17. Jammin Jaguar

England are in the running for the 2018 World Cup, so I don't see them giving it England if they had to take it from South Africa in an emergency.

18. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

I'm telling you, it's not going to matter how soon another country is going to host it or if another country just hosted it. They have to go with countries that have the facilities ready. So the short list would be U.S., Mexico, England, France, Germany, Italy, maybe Austria/Switzerland since they just hosted Euro? Other than that who?

The '90 World Cup in Italy is often cited as the worst ever. Never seen '94 mentioned.

19. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Mexico already stepped up in 1986 when Colombia wasn't able to host it because of an earthquake...16 years later than its own World Cup in 1970, the only problem I see is that we'd be the first country to host 3 World Cups and I don't think the FIFA would allow it. In '86 we were luck that the Vicepresident of FIFA was Mexican.

20. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

This would give the UK an edge, bc France, Italy and Germany hosted 2 WC too