Football Trading cards

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by AdiBear, Jul 7, 2007.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

I don't collect any longer, but I do have a pretty big baseball and football card collection lying around somewhere in books and boxes!! I'd have to try to locate them! But I'd love to see pictures of peoples collections and cards.

2. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

i used to collect football & baseball cards when i was a kid. the most prized football card i have is a Topps Joe Montana rookie card.

3. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Here are some of my cards. I'm still working on it and had to post alot of others, including my Packers and NFLE highlights. Most of the current listed are for sale or trade.

4. AdiBear

AdiBear 1st Stringer

I'm always in my local card shop..the manger puts aside all the Bears cards for me...:icon_cheesygrin: I just collect the older players,the Butkus,OB,Ditka and the like.

5. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

this thread has inspired me to pull my collection from the storage room and go thru it

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

I have that one too.

Nice Bart Starr card olly!!

7. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

thanks 86. This one is really one of my favourites.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Did you get it signed in person?

9. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

No, never met him. I sent it to the Packers, they forward post to former players. When it came back, it was sent to me from AL.

The ones I got sigend in person are Ken Stills, J.T. O'Sullivan, Skip Hicks, Alex van Pelt and of course all of the Galaxy cards. When Jerome Bettis was at Frankfurt, he was to much covered, to get any autographs from him :icon_sad:

10. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

I have a ton of cards but haven't collected for probably close to 10 years. I don't really have crap for football cards other than a Deion rookie and a Walter Payton card. Actually, my most prized possession is two Wayne Gretzky rookie cards that my grandparents got in a yard sale. They were in a stack of maybe 50 hockey cards and I think they paid maybe $2 for the stack. Those are still the only hockey cards I own.:icon_cheesygrin:

11. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

I use to collect cards. when I was younger. now they just sit in my basement

12. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Bumped

I'm looking for ppl to trade or break boxes with... :icon_cheesygrin:

13. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Use to collect as a kid, but really was mostly into Baseball. As a kid,I think I slept with my baseball glove. However, I went to a garage sale advertising Sports equipment a few years ago, looking for especially old fishing lures, which I collect. This older lady had boxes of sports cards just stacked up, not even really displayed yet. :icon_cheesygrin: Yes, I got there early. I kind of went thru them a bit, but didn't want to spend too much time, before the horde of people arrived, so asked her how much she wanted for the whole bunch. I didn't even hassle, paid her $300, and loaded them all in the truck. A lot of them were Baseball, and commons, but there was awesome cards in the bunch. There was a small bunch of old Football cards that were cool,but worn and not in real good shape. I still have a lot of them boxed in the attic of my garage. One box is Football. Most of the cards were 80s-2005. I guess all the stuff was her sons,who had stiffed her on bail money,and took off. :icon_cheesygrin: So she sold everything he had stored at her house. I made out like a bandit on that sale besides the cards.

14. suedon70

suedon70 Sports Chica

Awesome Top Dawg!!!

I used to collect all kinds of sports cards - baseball, football, hockey, you name it. If I get a chance to pull them out of the top of the closet, I will trade some of them with anyone....

15. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

My attic above my garage is so full of crap, I'd need a week to find anything. I went up there last week with a flashlight, and saw a spider the size of a small plate. Screw that!

16. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I do i have a good amount of them in a binder. I have a really nice mcnabb card.

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

most of mine are 70's and 80's cards. A few from the 90's...

18. flea

flea ???????

BUMP

Olly maybe want to split the cost of a box in a couple weeks?

19. SweetShot03

SweetShot03 Fuck stupid people

I havent really been into collecting but I do have some not a lot of Football cards from WAY back in the day... I had them when I was a little kid. I cant remember how many football cards I have cuase there are some hockey ones thrown in, but I will take a look see if I got any chiefs or bears......... I would always like Lions cards, especially Barry Sanders lol...

20. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

i have just recently started collecting again. I collect Cowboys cards, in football.. Kobe in bball, and Marshall player cards [NFL]. aka, Randy Moss, Ahmad Bradshaw, I have a ton of Byron's cards, mostly autographed.