For all you Astros, Padres or Ken Caminiti fans out there, a book I'd recommend...

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by SportsChump, Jul 25, 2022.

1. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

The best book I’ve read about baseball’s steroid era was Jose Canseco’s “Vindicated,” his follow up to the ground-breaking, tell-all tale “Juiced.” After all, who better to write a book about steroids than the man most associated with them?

The best book I’ve read lately about battling one’s personal demons was SNL alum Darrell Hammond’s “God, If You’re Not Up There, I’m F*cked.” His was an honest, introspective, and gut-wrenching account of one man in the spotlight’s struggles with addiction.

Playing Through the Pain: Ken Caminiti and the Steroids Confession That Changed Baseball Forever is not an autobiography. It is written by Dan Good and is the dark and telling account of a dark and brooding man, Ken Caminiti, and the demons that ultimately led to his demise.

Carry on at: Book Review: Playing Through the Pain: Ken Caminiti and the Steroids Confession That Changed Baseball Forever by Dan Good - Sports Chump