Former UNC Safety Deunta Williams Still Playing The Waiting Game

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by mike oxlong, Jul 27, 2011.

1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

The NFL lockout is finally over, but Deunta Williams is still playing the waiting game. The former White Oak High School standout and University of North Carolina safety is still trying to recover from a devastating leg injury, which he says is the reason he wasn’t selected in April’s NFL draft. “The only thing I’m waiting for is for my leg to get back to 100 percent. I’m not thinking about anything other than that,†Williams said his understanding was that he was the “No. 1 safety†in the 2011 draft class “until I got hurt.â€

Deunta Williams still playing the waiting game | williams, game, waiting - Jacksonville Daily News

2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

M I A M I !!!!!

3. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I call dibs.

5. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

How long is he going to be out?

6. mike oxlong

could still be awhile, he broke the fibula right at his ankle joint, such a shame, was probably a 1st round pick.

He says in the interview that he's taking a year off to fully recover, he said, “There’s always the desire to play football, but really I’m at a point right now where (he’s trying to enjoy a) normal life, stuff like being able to walk without pain.”

That sounds like awhile, Also this

“It was my leg,” Williams said of why he wasn’t drafted. “It was such a tragic injury that teams weren’t sure I would be able to play at the same level. Of course, I’ve had some complications now, so they were right.” “I think everybody was looking at it with an optimistic eye that I didn’t snap my tibia, which is a great thing, but I also fractured my fibula and tore ligaments and (suffered) nerve damage in my foot,” Williams said.

Then the God stuff, “I thank God for me getting injured because it made me realize there are so many different things in life taken for granted,” he said. “Since the injury, I have been leaning on God more than I ever have.

Again, it's a shame, but I wouldn't be surprised to never see him reach the potential he could have before the injury.

7. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Still suprised he wasnt drafted. Its not that uncommon for teams to draft guys that will sit a year

8. mike oxlong

I hear ya, Eagles drafted Ikegwuono, but there is still a question as to whether or not he will even be able to play again.

9. Come on Chi,looks like we lost Manning and you don't know if Wright is going to workout so might as well give him a shot!!!

10. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

never really looked at him as undraftable...he was my #1 FS over rahim moore last season, injury or not he was draftable.

bring him in and get clark the heck outta here

11. mike oxlong

you know he won't play until 2012 and may not be 100% then?

12. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

ok, ill still take him