"Forums" & "Active Threads"

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by 86WARD, May 11, 2008.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

No Ward it's not just you, we're trying to find out why it's happening everyday in the early AM, I guess I have to set my alarm for around 3:00am or so my time to fix it...grrrrrrrrr...

It's ok now...

2. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

yea I faced that problem this morning. but now it all good

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Are you telling me that I get up before the internet is turned on?!? Should I keep telling you if it is not working? Helping or annoying? BIG difference!! :icon_lol:

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Well I'm going to try and set my alarm for between 2 and 3am California time and see if I can nip this in the bud so you members won't be bothered by it. When are you logging on in the morning, your time?

And no, it isn't bugging us, that's why this forum is here.

5. PurplePeopleEaters

PurplePeopleEaters moon over minnie!

what do i do about the advthat keeps popping up every so often? sometimes every time i click on something. right now it is fine.

6. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The full page advertisement will show up about every 6 hours, that is our main source of revenue as this site is free to our members unless you choose to donate. We understand that some of our members are bothered by the full page ad but if not for that Steve and I would have to pay for improvements and server costs out of our pockets and although this ad doesn't pay for a lot it helps.

Try Adblockplus

7. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

You should send a PM round daily just asking people to click the ads.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Sweets - Question. When I Reply to a post, in the past if I highlighted something and pressed "control B" it would bold it. Now I do it and the html code goes in...similiar to how the blogs are set up.

It's not a big deal, just curious...

9. TSZ Geez

TSZ Geez Hot Tub Security

that violates the ad companys TOS. well at least google ads are that way.

i had noticed those problems too (im here in cali) but the past day or two they havent been messed up.

good job admins! keep up the great work on this site.

10. Ridin Burgundy

I thought it was only a problem if people clicked the ads more than once a day?

11. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Ridin', too many people are sensitive about the amount of PMs that we the site put out so unless it's a contest etc., we try and stay away from doing that, the full page ad pretty much takes care of having to bother anyone that doesn't want to donate to help the site, this way we make money just by having the full page ad pop up.

Google ads suck big time and when people are clicking on it they question the validity of it and refuse to pay you anyway. If you notice Geez we run no google ads..FREAK THEM.

86, that's all Steve, but I will let him know about it when he gets home from work today. Until then why not just highlight what you want bolded and click the B above your post...

12. Ridin Burgundy

Well thats pretty crap if people get pissed off getting a PM asking to help out the site.

I try to click them every day if I remember and think everyone else should too.

oh and FYI i'm not having the same problem with the bold. Its working fine for me.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

I tried that and it does the same thing. Maybe I need to click something on my end?

I thought GIF was his work!!! :icon_wink:

I never click on them...but I'll start.

14. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I'm not having a problem either...I just highlight whatever and bam...bold

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

I figured out what it was...

Somehow, all my miscellaneuos options got cleared. I think that is why my Steelers Skin wasn't there and the reason this format wasn't turned on. Just ask him if he knows why that would happen, but I have the Steelers skin going and I believe everything else is under control...

Thanks!! :icon_thumright: