"Framework" Of New CBA Could Be In Place By This Weekend

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jun 14, 2011.

1. NFL “secret†labor negotiations this week are expected to continue to make such progress that at least one source familiar with the situation says the framework of a new collective bargaining agreement could be in place by the weekend. If so, the two negotiating groups representing the owners and the NFL trade association, meeting in the Baltimore area, Yahoo! Sports has learned, would return to their full parties to present what could be the deal that would end the three-month lockout before nearly anything football related is even lost. “A June 30 or July 4 announcement is a reasonable expectation,†the source said. “My sense is that by week’s end they are likely to have some substantial framework if not a complete plan to go back and present to the owners and the players.†NFL owners are already set to meet next Tuesday in Chicago. The league sent a memo to owners Monday suggesting they pack for an overnight stay, according to ESPN and the NFL Network. A CBSSports.com report Tuesday that the deal was “80-85 percent done†was met with agreement by our source. “I think that’s accurate,†he said.

Source: Yahoo! Sports

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2011
  2. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

please don't be a cocktease right now. do. not. tease.

3. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

Finally

4. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Thumbs up, finally.

5. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

I hope it's over....enough is enough already...let the season begin! :icon_cheesygrin:

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'll be happy when I see it done. Heard it almost fell apart last night...

7. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Talk radio was saying that it was when the lawyers got involved. It seems to me that the NFLPA and the NFL are doing just fine on their own.. I really hope this isn't a smoke screen to make sure season ticket holders pay up..

8. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

wont believe it or give a damn until its done