Frank Gore's FF Value

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by wide right, Jul 31, 2007.

1. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Frank Gore broke his hand in camp yesterday.
    http://gridironfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34672
    Most mocks have him going #3 or #4 overall prior to this injury. How do you think this injury affects his value and his place in the draft? Is he a one season wonder or will he be healed in time to live up to his preseason hype?

Personally I don't think it sounds too serious and he should be fine when the season opens. RBs don't really need camp as much as other players. Last year LT had a big fat zero carries in the preseason and still did pretty good for himself. I hope people in my main league see this injury as a problem and he slips in the draft. I still wouldn't hesitate to draft him if he fell to me anywhere after the #2 pick.

2. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

It would depend on league scoring. Gore had some trouble early last season with fumbles and a hand injury, regardless of whether it's the hand he carries with or not, could effect that. Especially if he is held from contract drills or pre-season games.

Talent wise, I have no doubt he can still be productive and he's a player who should only get better but if a league hits fumbles with hard negative points, I would be a little weary.

3. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

Given the severity of the injury I don't think he'll miss any time. I don't see it as hurting his draft status at all. He should still be a top tier RB and will still go early in most drafts.