Fred Taylor Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Jacksonville Jaguars' started by Jammin Jaguar, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

That's right people, the Fred Taylor appreciation thread is here.

The only runningback in the NFL to have been with one team for over 9 years.

Also the only runningback ever in the NFL to rush for over 7,000 but never make it to a Pro Bowl.

He needs just 13 more rushing yards until he reaches his 10,000 mark.

So ladies and gentlemen, are we going to vote 'Fragile Fred' to Hawaii in what could be his last year?

2. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

Uhmm probably not but he is a good running back but maurice jones drew is so much more dangerous with the ball.He can return kicks,punts he can do just about anything to score so i mite vote him to the pro bowl.

3. Jammin Jaguar

Have you seen any footage of Fred Taylor about 5-6 years ago? He was just as frightening with the ball as Drew - just didn't return kicks. This guy has played his heart out for 9 years and deserves a vacation to Hawaii!

4. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

I always liked seeing Freddy play!

5. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

Yeah bro i've seen him play 5-6 years ago he was a great runningback.I never said he shouldnt go to hawaii he deserves it.But i simply said that i wouldnt vote for him but i would vote for maurice jones drew instead.Of course he deserves a spot in the probowl he is a good player.But is this his last year did he make a speech or something cause that would suck hes got one year left in him.

6. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

How many TDs does he have this season? :eek:a02:

7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

You mean the same Fred Taylor who kept killing my fantasy teams year in and year out? Everytime I picked him he ended up getting hurt...then I have up on him and stopped getting hurt...

Ohh...and I think Emmitt Smith played for the Cowboys for 11 years, so Taylor isn't the "only one" to be with the same team for 9 straight years...unless you weren't talking "all-time"...then I'll shut up... :lol:

8. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Fragile Fred hasn't been voted to a Pro-Bowl because while he might have the numbers he doesn't garnish respect around the league. Who knows when he'll blow out another tire? Being a Titans fan I have yet to feel his "wrath". He has disappeared in big games and I could care less what type of numbers he puts up.

So...does he show up in Hawaii? Sure....if Rashean Mathis or John Henderson pay for his ticket over so he can see them from the stands.

9. Jammin Jaguar

I meant runningbacks in the NFL at the moment, current RBs.

If we're going to be mean on Fred, it's going to be David Garrard and Paul Spicer paying for that ticket! :jiggy:

[​IMG]

10. Jammin Jaguar

There we go, Fred joined the 10,000 club! And got a touchdown too TJ! :icon_wink:

Now vote vote vote him for the Pro Bowl!

11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Congratulations to the first RB ever to get 10,000 rushing yards and 5,000 pulled groins.

12. Jammin Jaguar

Don't forget a few hamstrings too.

13. yisman

yisman The Ambivalent One

great career for a guy who it seemed could never stay healthy early on. Congrats Fred!