Giants Can Regroup And Still Take This Division

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by Chubz, Nov 17, 2009.

1. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Yea, if you look at it... they lost to Dallas (13-3) twice, Green Bay (13-3?) and New England (16-0) and then beat them all in the playoffs. That was sick.

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, that was a miraculous run, as was the colts run (i think the year before). i hadn't given either of them much of a chance and they both proved me wrong.

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

UMMMMMM the vikings???? you have to mention that i loved that game lol

4. SoDev

You're right, I forgot to include the QB'less Vikings who had a puffed up record due to a horrible division that year. I'm not sure they qualify.

5. ball in the baskett

Screw that they were a good team good defense good line top RB if they played the giants in the first round they would probably win.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Were just gonna have to put the giants in there place for the 4th straight time so you giants fans dont get to cocky after 1 win.

6. SoDev

"probably" always makes a good comeback. :gotcha:

Yea, you guys have owned us recently. Time to put a stop to that.

7. Before I begin, I would just like to say that I've been a longtime viewer of gridironfans.com. I normally come on here to get my daily NFL News. So this is my first post obviously lol. So I would like to say hi to everyone. :icon_cool:

Now CB, that is a pretty startling record for us against quality teams (at or above .500) outside the NFC East but it doesn't concern me quite as much considering our run in 2007. And two of those losses were against AFC Clubs and don't play out into tie breaking procedures for playoff spots I believe.

The stats I'm more focused on at this point other than our overall record is our conference record (5-3) and divisional (3-1). We have the best conference record of the remaining clubs in the hunt for a playoff spot and tied with Philadelphia for the best record in the division. Not to mention our 2-0 series record against Dallas this season.

Those will be very key components down the stretch and the winner of the Giants-Eagles on SNF will likely be crowned the NFC East Champions, especially if Dallas' 13 year run of subpar records in December continue to play out.

8. ball in the baskett

welcome

and i could see that happening with the winner of the game winning the nfc east but you never know in the nfl its gonna be a interesting 4 games.

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, those are the things that the Giants have on their side in this race. and you should post more. you seem to know your stuff and we need a smart Giants fan on here ................. love ya SoDev .............:icon_cheesygrin:

10. ball in the baskett

This game is huge if the eagles get the sweep they pretty much have no chance at the division as long as we dont collapse and lose out. We would be up 2 games with 4 left and own the tiebreaker.

11. True that. No one saw this years Titans 5-0 run after an 0-6 start coming. But it added another chapter of the uncertainty of the NFL. You gotta love it though. :icon_cool:

It will be a very interesting final four games. This is the month that finally sorts out the contenders and the pretenders. Its when seasons are made and reputations are at stake.

Good luck to your team BITB. It should be another thriller in the Giants-Eagles rivalry.

GO BLUE!!!

1 person likes this.
  12. ball in the baskett

No doubt

13. lol Thanks. Been a Giant fan all my life. Honestly, I don't know why I never posted on here before. I originally created an account just to view the articles. But I certainly will post more from time to time.

14. SoDev

That's hecked up man! :shakefist:

:icon_cheesygrin:

Good to have you BBB! Glad you signed up! :icon_thumleft:

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

nice to have another "jersey shore" fan on the site. :icon_cheesygrin:

16. Glad to be hear. Thanks for the warm welcome my fellow G-Men. :icon_cool:

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Thank You. lol I'm originally from Weehawken and currently living in Florida.