Giants RB Brandon Jacobs "Pumped Up" After Win Vs. Jets

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by Sweets, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

New York Giants running back Brandon Jacobs is pumped up after victory over Jets - ESPN New York

2. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

LMAO. See...I told you stupid giants fans would now think they are the better team this year. Someone needs to slap Jacobs with a dose of reality. I mean come on dude, your only memorable play was when you injured your own QB.

3. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Dude, the Giants are a better team this year.

4. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Yeah...... no, they aren't. MAYBE if they were completely healthy and Revis is traded they could be but as it stands now they aren't even close.

5. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

Technically didn't the Jets win considering starters vs starters it would have been 13-10 Jets? I mean sure, the 2nd, 3rd string guys scored, but who gives a heck about them for the most part.

6. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

What starters? The Giants didn't play 4 on offense (including 2 lineman) and a couple on D. And the Jets left their first team in till what? Halftime? How else, would JPP (2nd team) get a late 2nd quarter sack on Sanchez, lol.

7. HailttRedskins

Dont hate that the Giants suck.

8. SoDev

:rofl:

9. HailttRedskins

Trust me, I laugh too.

10. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

wow, i agree with HTTR
    the words ending

11. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

isnt it preseason...........i mean a win is a win but you thought it was a playoff game

12. The Jets were playing to win....why else would they play their starters for a whole half?

Its never just a preseason game when the Giants & Jets lock up. And this game had much more meaning behind it than in the past. But I don't believe that the Giants had to win this game just to get bragging rights.....we have and always will be the No. 1 team.

The Jets can have all of the off season attention they want. But until the Jets win another Super Bowl in the post merger.....they'll always be second rate.

13. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I think it really will only take them making the post season and Giants missing it again to show they are number 1 in NJ

14. SoDev

Take it back! :icon_frown: Giants will always be #1 in dirty jersey! :icon_cool:

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

wait, what words ? tell me dammit, i need to know !!

16. HailttRedskins

Pretty sure he meant worlds. Unless you are being a smart butt of course!

17. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Smeagle....smart butt....Never!

Hey SoDev...while they are both equally as foul, disgusting, and inhospitable as the other, your heart and dirty jersey are not the same thing.

18. whatadai

whatadai Rookie

Didn't Eli get injured in mid-second quarter too?

Brandon Jacobs can't beat Mario Henderson on that though...that guy fell on his QB while blocking his blindside, which caused him to tear two ACLs and an MCL if I remember correctly. GO GLBUTTKOWSKI!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  19. SoDev

It was under 5 minutes into the 2nd, and don't forget the almost 9 minute drive the the Jets had. They Jets forced it, but leading into that last drive where Eli got hurt (a continued Giants drive from the 1st quarter) the Giants had the ball on offense for only about 3:30 in the first quarter, so of course they were still looking to put in some work. From the 10 minute mark, on, it was Giants 2nd team vs Jets first on offense and defense with Sanchez's last play coming around 1 minute before the half.

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

so then we all agree right ? the jets are the better team in new york.