Giants RB Brandon Jacobs Says Tony Romo Isn't That Good

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by SRW, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

LOL, nice...

Oh, and I gotta agree really, Quarterback's gotta be clutch and come through when it really matters, Romo hasn't done that at all, Eli Manning came through when he needed to and now he's got a ring to prove it. Yes, the Giants D was the more powerful weapon for that team but hey, Manning helped get the job done during that Super Bowl, where it really counts.

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Completing a pass that was two milimeters away from being incomplete, into triple coverage, to your 5th-string WR, is not clutch. It's called a fluke.

Yes...still better than Romo, but come on...nobody has ever been this overrated thanks to a play that would've failed 9999 out of 10000 times.

3. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

This story is a product of the media having nothing better to do than shove a microphone in the face of every player they can follow and harbutt.

There's no love lost between these two teams and there never will be. The fans make a bigger deal of it than the players......does Romo care what Brandon Jacobs thinks? I seriously doubt it.

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I think he does somewhat. Will he lose sleep over it? Probably not. But to think that he wouldn't care at all what another professional in his field thinks about him doesn't hurt on at least a very small level, I don't believe.

5. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

are you serious?
    The best perspective would come from the defence, not a loud mouthed RB whos drinking gatoraid when Romo is on the field

6. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

thats a load of crap right there.
    Based upon your statement, Trent Dilfer is a better QB than Dan Mario since Dilfer has the excluseive ring

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

The better perspective would come from the defense, but my point was that Jacobs knows more than us on this board about Romo.

8. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Thread over. Everyone go home.

9. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

No reason for anyone to get their panties in a bunch, we play the week 2 opener @ new dallas, so prove him wrong.

10. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

no its a dumb jab in the offseason that some1 is taking 2 seriously :tsk: :lola:

11. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

:Loco: Thats some funny crap right there......he went to college here at SIU and never did homework and very seldom attended his classes.....so "educated perspective" is laughable.

In this case I'm sure your talking about on the field experience instead of classroom though.....I just thought that was worth pointing out....:laughy21:

12. Evasfunk

Evasfunk Rookie

Hahaha...triple coverage? Did you even watch the play?? If it was triple coverage it prolly would not have been even thrown. Now take a minute and go watch the play and you will notice a JUMP ball between a receiver and a SAFETY....not a jump ball between a receiver, safety and possibly 2 corners like you are imposing. Now if you really wanna play the millimeters game than if ELI woulda thrown it millimeters closer to Tyree than Rodney would not even had a chance at it....

13. SoDev

Yea, one play right? That he created by refusing to be sacked. He still drove and threw the game winning TD after that play. That was also only one of two 4th quarter comeback drives in the Superbowl. That other one was a fluke too though, right? I mean it went to his "5th-string WR" also.

Keep your fantasy QB. You can't defend him on his own merits, so you try to attack Eli.

14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Absolutely. Elisha is the most overrated QB in the NFL. I've said it for years. You can't honestly say you won that Super Bowl thanks to her. You CAN'T possibly say that.

15. Tony Romo QB Rating 91.4... Eli Manning QB Rating 86.4... Tony also threw for more yards, and TDs than Eli... I honestly can't stand either of them, but here are some facts for those who actually give a damn about 2 mediocre QBs (Please don't remind me about Delhomme... I know he's worse than both of these guys... Don't rub it in... Haha)... Romo threw for 3448 yds, 26 TDs 14 Ints... Eli threw for 3238 yds, 21 TDs and 10 Ints... In regards to the article, I don't think Jacobs was "wrong" for what he said... News in the NFL is slow right now, and reporters are looking for stories to keep people interested...

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

O... I didn't realize this was a dead post... Sorry

16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Not to mention that Tony missed 3 games, and still threw for more yards and TDs.

Yeah, yeah...Eli has a ring, blah, blah, blah...that team could've been QB'd by a chimp and still beat the Patriots with that defense.

17. SoDev

lol @ TJ ...don't worry this year will be better... yea. :chillpill:

18. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I just hate that overrated piece of crap so much...Screw Elisha Manning.

19. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

110% agree

20. SoDev

TJ and BiTB = Elisha rod riders :shh: