GIF Members FF team(s) update!

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Garnett, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Now that we're 1 month into the season and everyones had 4 FF games, how are all of your respective teams doing?

I personally have 3 teams and going into this weekend I'm 1-2 in two leagues and 2-1 in my IDP league. I am resoundly pissed off at Drew Brees, Marques Colston (not his fault in my eyes b/c of Brees), Reggie Bush, Marc Bulger, Steven Jackson, and Baltimore's defense. Other than those, not too shabby.

Oh yea, forgot to mention I'm juggling injuries already. So confident in August, so depressed come October.

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

3 Teams, I'm 2-1, 1-2 and 0-3 going into today...looking like I will end up 3-1, 1-3 and 1-3.

It's funny, my 0-3 team is easily my best team, but in an 8 team league its just not enough. I've lost 2 to the 2 overall lowest scorers thanks to outstanding individual single weeks by guys, like Palmers Browns game.

I'm pretty much dominating the league I'm 3-1 in, my one loss was again to the lowest scoring team in my league, but a combination of a crapty Steve SMith week and him having McNabb dealt me a loss. Steve SMith is killing me in 2 leagues the last couple weeks.

the last league (GIF league) I really don't care too much about, I didn't prepare my player rankings and had to work during the draft so I had a generally horrible draft. I'm trying to stay competitive shuffling players but it's not working out.

3. truelife

truelife 6-0 is our goal

dont understand how im losing but i am in the only league that matters i am 1-3

this is with

brees farve
    addai alexander ronnie brown jamal lewis

t.o andre johnson javon walker greg jennings lee evans

jeremy shockey

pitt balt

4. lruddicks

lruddicks kcs redneck

my 2 money teams 1 im 0-2-1 with big lead this week and other 1 im second in points,need LJ st start putting up #'s kitna chad johnson r wayne and min def are carring me.

5. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Nice thread idea. Both my teams are relying on MNF tonight for the "W" so I'll check back after the game with my team evaluations.

6. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

i got three team
    nfl.com......3-0 will be 4-0
    yahoo.com...1-2 will be 2-2
    espn.com......0-3 will be 1-3 this league kicking myself in the butt for not taking barls trade offer for tony romo damn it

stephen jackson has killed me
    in one league i got tO randy moss and andre johnson as my WR

7. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

3 teams
    GIF Keeper on ESPN (16 teams): 2-1 (2-2 tomorrow unless the bengals score a crap load of points to the Pats D)
    GIF League on Yahoo (10 teams): 3-0, en route to 4-0
    Another league on Yahoo with French fans (12 teams-IDP): 1-2 with a good chance of being 2-2

Tuesday Morning Update:
    Here we go.
    2-2
    4-0
    2-2

8. wide right

Both of my teams are 2-2. In my yahoo 10 teamer I was losing by 20 pts going into MNF and had Hous and Wes Welker playing. I freaking got 19 points from them and lost by 1. That dropped me to 2-2 and 5th place. I'm second in the league in total points. If I had won I'd be in 2nd. Oh well. My bench has been completely reworked since the draft. I've dropped all my backups and got new ones.

Rudi Johnson was my 1st rounder on both teams so his injury hurts. In the GIF espn 16 teamer I started Ernest Grahm and Kenny Watson at RB last week. That hurts.

9. tigersucs

tigersucs nfl-fans refugee

3-1 on Yahoo with a group that a friend works with. Only loss was to the league leader who has had the highest or 2nd highest point totals each week. I need to find a TE other than Gonzalez who hasn't lived up to expectations IMO. The leader drafted ahead of me and got Antonio Gates with the pick before mine. I was all set to take Gates.

As for the rest of my team haven't done bad but a few players such as Deion Branch need to pick it up some. Also I should know better than having 2 players from the same team on mine but I have Wayne and Manning. Thought about Johnson from Houston but took Wayne. Glad I made that move.

10. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

I'm officially now, 1-3 w/ Team A. I have Marc Bulger and Jake Delhomme as my QB options. Its who's hurt least. My WR's here are killing me (Santana Moss, Vincent Jackson, Chris Chambers).

Team B (IDP), 3-1 because of some general luck. I'll be asking for RB advice for this team really soon.

Team C i'm 2-2. I thought this was my stacked team coming out of the draft but Santana Moss and Marques Colston haven't been lighting it up much. Steven Jackson was my #1 pick and he's on the pine now for me.

I'm pondering creative trades in all 3 of my leagues. Though I'd need someone drunk at the time of the trade proposal to take some of the ppl I have.

11. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Only one team and I am 4-0....got lucky this last weekend though. I am short at rb and left Westbrook in thinking he'd make a go of it SUnday Night but I still wound up winning by 4 points. Finally got a couple points out of Stallworth Monday night and glad Whosyourmama played well Monday night too...fun league to play in ....our commish gives big points and returners are important too. Scores are high and any given Sunday lots can happen......Glad to be 4-0 and in first right now.

12. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

After week 5, I was able to pull out a win in all 3 of my leagues. That brings my current records to 2-3, 4-1, and 3-2. The bye weeks are really going to be affecting my teams this week though.

13. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Sigh.....4-1 now. Still in first by way of most points scored total but took my first loss this week. Too many injuries and byes at wrong times. But I will bounce back this week and should be good for the long run. Can't wait to get Andre Johnson back and get Hines Ward going and Addai back..... Picked up Kris Brown last week and he kept me in the game for a bit. Owens let me down big time past couple weeks though.
    Dropped Donte Stallworth just in time for him to have a decent game last week and Michael Turner. Picked up Ernest Graham that should get me some points for a couple weeks and help make it through rest of bye weeks.

14. wide right

I was up by 27 pts heading into MNF. I still had TO and my opponent had the Dallas kicker and cb Terrance McGee. I lost by 6 points. Holy crap what a bad night of football, real and ff.

15. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Sorry wr....tough break all the way around.

16. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

GIF Keeper on ESPN (16 teams): 2-3 (3Ls in a row; that boat is sinking)
    GIF League on Yahoo (10 teams): 4-1 (my 1st L, by 9pts)
    Another league on Yahoo with French fans (12 teams-IDP): 3-2 (with the league highest score this week)

17. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Update
    GIF Keeper on ESPN (16 teams): 2-4 (still sinking)
    GIF League on Yahoo (10 teams): 5-1 (reclaim the lead)
    Another league on Yahoo with French fans (12 teams-IDP): 4-2 (on a roll)

18. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

How is it possible? I got creamed this week by some team which somehow lined up Tom Brady, Maurice Jones-Drew, Adrian Peterson, and Devin Hester!!! I never had a chance :icon_sad:

7-4 this week...finally won in a league where I started 0-5, finally lost in a league where I started 5-0. It was a weird week...

19. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Team 1: 2-4 --- not sure if I'll rebound at all
    Team 2: 5-1 --- winning solely based on matchups. I've been gap stopping at the RB position all season.
    Team 3: 4-2 --- Doing decently, would be better if Steven Jackson were healthy.

20. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Team 1: 2-6 Just trying to make do
    Team 2: 7-1 In second place but have been doing a lot of stop gap work
    Team 3: 5-3 In 4th place and hopefully can progress but am mindful of injuries.

How's everyone else doing at the midway point of the season?