GIF Money League Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Walnuts, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I forgot about IDP...there was at least a handful that were interested, should we put it into the voting queue?

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I really don't like idp, but I suppose we should vote on it.

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

im not in favor of IDP for this league

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I thought it worked really well in [MENTION=1390]K Train[/MENTION]s keeper league, which is what we'd be modeling it on. Nothing crazy, low points per player, if all you do is start active players you'd generally get roughly the same points you would from a standard leagues DST...but if you hustle your matchups and work the wire, it can be a difference maker. Plus, since it takes special teams out of the equation, KR/PR TD's & yards go to the player scoring them instead of the DST. Just another thing that would make the league more interesting/challenging/fun.

5. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

ah i missed this
    thread earlier this year somehow. oh well, maybe next year then

6. K Train

[MENTION=4046]ICECOLD[/MENTION] if we go 14 youre still a possibility. JEMicklos said we can take him off a 14 player list and he is #14 i believe (maybe 15?)

7. K Train

as far as IDP i would be down if everyone is down because i HATE dst in general, but i did like how i used IDP where they were generally very low scoring players (usually 1-3 points) but every once in a while you could have someone go off for like 5-10

8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Yeah, that setup was honestly the best IDP system I've ever played with.

9. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

I'd be down if [MENTION=4302]JEMicklos[/MENTION] doesn't want to. And I prefer IDP as well if it matters

10. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

im a yes for IDP

as far as the scoring system, not sure what it was last year exactly, did we do point per reception?

11. yea i liked IDP alot more than i thought i would. i even incorporated the exact same scoring system into my league with my buddies

12. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

[MENTION=1760]themush[/MENTION] [MENTION=1533]86WARD[/MENTION], [MENTION=3600]Steve12[/MENTION], [MENTION=1815]codatious99[/MENTION], [MENTION=1905]LL Cool Bolt[/MENTION]...sorry things didn't go your way in the voting, but just to put things in perspective - We're now a 14 team league with 14 potential skill players on each roster (QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX and 6 bench spots). Thats 196 skill positions rostered in the league, max, and only 40 more than last year. Players in that general 200ish vicinity on ESPNs rankings include guys like Greg Jennings, Andre Brown, Fred Jackson, Donald Jones, Michael Floyd, Knowshon Moreno, etc. Fantasy superstars? Prolly not. But definitely rosterable contributors, and that's the bottom of the bench. IMO that doesn't come anywhere close to being a watered down talent pool, it's pretty damn close to your average 12er.

13. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

You try to hook a brotha in need up one week and continue to get grief about it months later. Sigh.

14. K Train

Paid so far:

86WARD
    Bigsexyy81

15. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

im cool with the 14 looking forward to the draft
    and ill be sending that paypal to ktrain prob next week

16. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

League's full, we're a go!! The last guy isn't a GIF member (yet), but he's a solid addition. I've played in a few leagues with him over the years, including an ongoing dynasty league, and he's always been active and dedicated. Should make a good forum member too once he joins.

17. Steve12

Screw the outsider.

18. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

well no one had the nuts to ante up......so be it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

19. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

i'll be paying tomorrow probs

20. Steve12

Fuuuuck I was just at Walmart and forgot to get a money order. My bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.