GridironFans.com Is Looking For NFL Blog Writers For Featured Weekly Columns!

Discussion in 'Site News' started by SRW, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

I did not understand half the things you said, but it all sounds cool. :icon_cool: Not lurking that much these days, as I'm in my own PR workout regime, testing jokes, constructing jabs at @TJ, researching potential scapegoats and whipping boys... you know, the usual.

2. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I am sure when it's game time you'll be in rare form. Looking forward to it!

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Im starting a new shift at work (overnights). Im interested, but let me acclimate to that first and get a schedule down. I should be good by the time TC rolls around

4. SRW

Sounds good [MENTION=1753]Jihad Joe[/MENTION], you always have a good take on things so I look forward to what you'll put out once you are set to go.

[MENTION=522]Mike S.[/MENTION] [MENTION=547]Fez[/MENTION] [MENTION=548]TJ[/MENTION] [MENTION=631]PSID412USM[/MENTION] [MENTION=835]Sl1m3y[/MENTION] [MENTION=968]RichLikeWh0a[/MENTION] [MENTION=3191]nachmany5[/MENTION] [MENTION=3600]Steve12[/MENTION] [MENTION=3616]FantasyKnucklehead[/MENTION] [MENTION=3619]ProScoutDan[/MENTION] [MENTION=4283]InsaneBoost[/MENTION] [MENTION=4302]JEMicklos[/MENTION]

I just added a widget that will display under each first post on the site which will display the five latest blog entries. Please remember to add an image to your entries so your article displays correctly on the site. A 400 x 230 image is ideal for the first image you use in the article, but anything of the same scale will work as well.

Also, some reminders to authors on how to help get the word out on their new entries:

1. Did you know you can invite all your friends here on GridironFans.com to your new entry? Scroll to the bottom of the article after it's posted. You'll see a field entitled "Invite Members To Check Out This Thread" under the quick reply field. From there you can manually add names or use the checkbox to invite all the friends you have on the site to the thread.

2. Share your articles after you post them on Facebook, Twitter, etc. This goes for blog authors and members as well. The more people share, the more eyes will see your work. Who wouldn't want that?

3. You can embed video from NFL.com, YouTube and more. NFL.com has a HUGE amount of video (literally ANY video from NFL.com can be shared if the direct link is posted). All you have to do is post the direct url to the video. The site does the rest. Plus, any new entries with a YouTube video embedded in them will show up on the site's YouTube page.

4. We have RSS feeds for every featured article. Feel free to use the RSS feed to share your articles all over, embed your feed to websites and more.

5. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

Can't wait to get started.

6. SRW

So when are you and the others going to start? Technically anyone can start now, JEMicklos has already started posting up new content.

7. SRW

We are still in the lookout for authors for the following featured columns:

No Confirmed Author Yet:
    NFL Top 10: No Confirmed Author Yet
    Overview: A top 10 list of the author's choosing.

NFL Draft Insider: No Confirmed Author Yet
    Overview: A look at potential prospects for the upcoming NFL draft.​
    And this is the current lineup:

Author's Confirmed:
    NFL Weekend Primer: [MENTION=3600]Steve12[/MENTION]
    Overview: A look at the upcoming NFL games. Big games, key storylines and the top headlines heading into the week would also be recapped.

NCAA Preview: [MENTION=4302]JEMicklos[/MENTION]
    Overview: A look at the upcoming big NCAA games. Big games, key storylines and the top headlines heading into the week would also be recapped.

NFL Power Rankings: [MENTION=548]TJ[/MENTION] and [MENTION=547]Fez[/MENTION]
    Overview: A two-man entry where each writer gives his take on the rankings they compile.

NFL's Winners & Losers [MENTION=835]Sl1m3y[/MENTION]
    Overview: A look at the past week's winners and losers around the NFL.

NFL Fact Or Fiction: [MENTION=968]RichLikeWh0a[/MENTION], [MENTION=4283]InsaneBoost[/MENTION], [MENTION=631]PSID412USM[/MENTION]
    Overview: A three man article. The 'host' will ask a series of fact or fiction questions. The bloggers will then answer fact or fiction, then explain why. ​

8. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

Ask the host :icon_cool:

9. SRW

There's been no communication between the three of you since you all signed up? Have you reached out to [MENTION=4283]InsaneBoost[/MENTION] and [MENTION=631]PSID412USM[/MENTION] to where everyone is at?

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

NFL Draft Insider - [MENTION=1390]K Train[/MENTION]? [MENTION=1753]Jihad Joe[/MENTION]?

11. Jihad Joe

Maybe starting post season. Maybe ill adopt a few rookies and follow them through the year

Sent from my HTC Vivid

12. JEMicklos

JEMicklos Captain

I'll pump out a post whenever I can for the NFL Draft Insider. I'll already be covering CFB, so it shouldn't be too hard

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

That would be a pretty cool idea. Maybe the top two picks and then a few others?

14. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

I'm going to send out my first set of questions next week [MENTION=1]SteveRobWhatever[/MENTION] as I'm pretty much in work all of this week so

15. SRW

Good to hear that it's coming down the line [MENTION=631]PSID412USM[/MENTION]. Looking forward to it!

16. Jihad Joe

I'm thinking maybe two per round

Top two of the first. Bottem two of the second, and snake like that

Sent from my HTC Vivid

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

I like that idea. Maybe a "high profile" guy (ie): Geno Smith type?

Would you be willing to let the members of GIF vote on one or two?

18. Jihad Joe

Definitely

Sent from my HTC Vivid

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

Cool. Let me know if you need any support as far as graphix, polls, threads...

20. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother