Hall Nixed Offers From Giants, Skins, Dallas, And Jags

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by happ, Mar 17, 2008.

1. happ

happ PECAVI

Falcons may be close to trading Hall

By D. ORLANDO LEDBETTER
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2008/03/15/dhall_0316.html#
    Published on: 03/15/08

The Falcons could be close to trading defensive back DeAngelo Hall to the Oakland Raiders for second- and sixth-round picks in the April draft, according to a person close to the negotiations.

Hall, who denied the deal was close earlier Saturday, reportedly was in Oakland on Friday to meet with Raiders officials.

Hall and his representatives are negotiating a contract with the Raiders, which needs to be agreed upon before the trade is completed, according to the person close to the negotiations. Hall's agent Joel Segal, who did not return several calls to his cellphone, was in talks with the Raiders on Saturday evening.

Hall said Saturday night that he did not believe a deal was imminent.

"As of right now, we're still at the same stages that I was at with every other team," Hall said. "New York, Washington, Dallas, and Jacksonville. Nothing has been OK'd on my end. Unless they agreed to something that I don't know about, but I don't think no team is going to sign me without talking to me and getting everything right on my end."

The Sacramento Bee is reporting that was Hall was in Oakland on Friday to meet with Raiders officials, but Hall would neither confirm nor deny that he was there.

Segal reportedly is seeking a deal close to the six-year, $57 million that unrestricted free agent Asante Samuel signed with the Philadelphia Eagles, with $20 million in guarantees. The Raiders covet a solid cornerback to play alongside Nnamdi Asomugha.

The eighth player taken in the 2004 draft, Hall made the Pro Bowl in 2005 and 2006 before not being selected last season. He had five interceptions in 2007.

However, Hall didn't ingratiate himself to the front office when he ran on the field for the "Monday Night Football" game against the Saints with a Michael Vick poster, the day his fellow former Virginia Tech Hokie was sentenced to 23 months in prison.

At the NFL combine, Hall said he wanted to be traded, and before the latest talks with the Raiders, Hall had just about guaranteed that he was going to be disruptive next season.

He had said he would consider either demanding a trade or sitting out the first 10 games of next season if the team did not extend his contract, which is set to enter its final year.

"I will not be a part of another losing team for another year," Hall told the AJC in December. "I've got to do what I've got to do. No matter who hates me."

The Raiders also like the fact that Hall can return punts, a chore he did for the Falcons on occasion in 2004 and 2005.

-------------
    So much for him wanting to play for a winner, it is all about the $$ with this guy. Good riddance.

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I still think its going through like I said.

3. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

All those teams mentioned are winners and..

Sounds like he wants to win. I still think hes a twat though but for something like a 2nd rounder I think it would be ok.

4. happ

happ PECAVI

He'll end up with the Raiders...like I said, not about winning, it's all about the payday.

5. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

i agree he obviously doesn't give a crap about winning or he wouldn't want to go to oakland

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

:icon_rolleyes: Smart move...

What a jackass!

4 playoff teams and 3 of those have a good chance to win the Super Bowl...

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

did i miss any of the hub bub about hall talking to those teams beyond a rumor that the giants looked at him but laughed at his contract demands ?

i doubt he any real discussions with those other teams and is only dropping names to help bolster what he'll get in oakland.

this guy has ok talent but is an attetion tramp whose antics show his self-centered attitude.

8. happ

happ PECAVI

There were reports of almost all of the NFC East teams being interested during the combine, so the Dallas, Giants, and Redskins trade discussions are likely. The Jags trade was reported over the weekend, so I am not doubting there were real discussions, but Hall's contract demands are holding these deals up.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

thinking about a guy and actually sitting down with an agent to hammer out numbers are two entirely different things. agents routinely (see drew rosenpuke) name drop other teams to try and push the number higher and i get the feeling that what is going on here.

we'll see though. either way he's overrated in my book and the fact that he's asking for asante samuel money and being laughed at kind if backs that up.

10. happ

happ PECAVI

No doubt, he's his own biggest fan. He has a ton of potential, but he's got nothing upstairs. I guess education is completely optional at Virginia Tech. Just look at Vick and Hall. Completely classless and stupid to boot.

11. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

He's a damn idiot. His last statement is an outright lie or he wouldn't even think about going to Oakland. He's actually going to a worse situation than Atlanta's. Buh-bye.

12. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

RM7, you know it's all about the $$$$$$$$$$

13. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

That just shows how stupid he is. He could still make killer money with a team like the Cowboys or Giants and have the possibility of winning a Super Bowl. If he ever gets smarter he'll regret this move a few years from now.