Hall Of Fame Or Superbowl Ring

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Saintsfan1972, Jun 27, 2012.

?

You are an NFL rookie...end your career and can only have one

1. Super Bowl Ring

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Bust In The Hall Of Fame

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

You are a NFL rookie. When your career is over and it's all said and done....you can only have one....which would you prefer, Super Bowl Ring or a bust in the Hall of Fame?

2. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

i say the ring....you never hear players saying they regret that they didn't get into the HOF......you play to win the game!!!!!

3. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

HoF to me. People remember those in the hall but there are sooooo many superbowl winners who are forgotten by most.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

The ultimate goal (for most players) is a Super Bowl Ring. But then again, a Hall of Fame career is something else.

Basically, you are asking if I want to be Dan Marino or Trent Dilfer and I would have to say Dan Marino...

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

HoF.

There are a crapload of guys every year who get a ring who really had nothing to do with that team winning. If you're in the Hall, you were an elite player among your peers.

6. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

I think I'd have to agree with Hall. You've had a great career, successful for a long period of time.

Having a ring, what does that really prove? The back ups get rings, too. Doesn't mean they actually EARNED it on the field.

7. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Pretty much what Ward said I would much rather be the HoF even if I didn't have a SB ring.

8. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

I would say Super Bowl. True, everyone gets a ring when they win but it is a team game. If I am a rookie my goal would be to win a Super Bowl. Others have to put you in the Hall. A Super Bowl ring is something I would have a say in.

9. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I wonder of Marino would trade his busy for a ring. Surely someone has asked him that question before right?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

11. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Ring for me.

12. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Ring...

Gets the tail till you're too old & brings some cash from the auction when you're broke & homeless from all the concussions.

13. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Ring. When I was a kid I never dreamed of being in the HOF. I constantly dreamed about the feeling of winning a SB though.

14. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Hall, a much smaller group of the "BEST" in their sport.

15. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Gotta be the ring for me. Lord know how many times as a kid I pretended to be a super bowl winner when playing ball with friends. It's the pinnacle of the sport that you can accomplish. I would trade in a hall of fame career in a heartbeat. In the end it's all memories and I'd want to know I got to the mountain top.

16. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

But you also play to be remembered, and lets face it, guys like Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson won't be remembered over guys like Jim Kelly or Dan Marino. To win a superbowl, you have to be on the best team at the right time during the right season. But to be in the HoF, it means you did everything in your power to be on that team at the right time and it was done year in and year out but could never have the team to win. I'm sure a guy like Jason Taylor would have love to get a ring, but he will be remembered for being one of the sickest pass rushers during the start of an era where passing took over.

17. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

A Super Bowl ring is the ultimate team achievement. The hall of fame is the ultimate individual achievement.

I'm a team player. Give me the ring.

Sent from my LG-970h using Tapatalk 2

18. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I'm with TJ. What good is other people's memories of me when it's all said and done? I'd rather win the whole damn thing once and know I reached the ultimate achievement in the sport.

19. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

But your team has to be good enough too. My point is that if you are in the HoF, you did your part to win a superbowl, the same can't be said about a lot of superbowl winners.

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

Financially, a Hall of Famer is going to be well off. A Super Bowl winner won't necessarily be "set for life."