Hines Ward Hit On Keith Rivers

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by 86WARD, Oct 20, 2008.

1. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

He woulda gotten knocked the hecked out if he just put a body infront of him. You have never played football.

2. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

Sure Ward bragged after the hit....he didn't brag about taking the guy out for the season. He didn't know that at the time of the hit. What football player doesn't celebrate after a nice hit...they all do.

3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

And he was posting a video he thought some would enjoy, so stfu hypocrite.

4. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I am talking about Ward the POSTER bragging NOT Ward the player who I think is 100 percent w/o fault in this entire situation

5. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

so just pick the higher quality one whatever we get the point if we want to see it 3 times we'd watch it 3 times

i'm not saying that people shouldn't make great knockout blocks what i mean is in that situation all hines had to do was block him with his arms, his body, whatever.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

:icon_rolleyes:

FAIL!

7. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

^ good retort. As it always is, adds SO much to the discussion/debate

8. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Why not knock him out? That's what football is. It's an aggressive nasty collision sport. You get 4-5 seconds to freaking knock out the person infront of you and when you get a chance to deplete someone. You take that freaking hit.

9. ravenfan52

yeah just to be clear can we call 86WARD ward and Hines Ward hines?

10. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Why not admit you WERE bragging about your WR who excels amongst his peers in getting key big blocks when they count getting another said hit. Nobody but maybe RF52 thinks your bragging about the resulting injury

11. ravenfan52

yeah but in that situation it wasn't necessary. he's out for the season now. the guy was going out of bounds he didn't need a monster block that was borderline. he still could get fined rembember (not saying he will or should but could).

12. Crowned

I like how RF52 just ignores the posts he doesn't want to talk about.

Its always necessary to play your hardest, when you slow down you get injured, ask any coach in the league they won't tell you it was an unnecessary block. Like I said I'm bragging about that block for sure it was a beast butt block, Do I like the fact the rookie Keith Rivers got injured, nope.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

People like different choices dipcrap. Do you go to a restaurant and just eat matza? No...you like a choice. Gelfilte Fish, lokshen, bagels, gebratten...

CLUELESS!!! Block a 250 lb. Linebacker with just his arms? Okay...

So once again...

WHERE DID I SAY/POST THAT I WAS BRAGGING? :laughy32:

14. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

Sorry...my fault.

15. ravenfan52

i already said i dont' think ward's glad about the injury btw

look at this vid pause it at 3:00 and watch the blocks in the next second and half. you know how hard it is to get a youtube vid of a good non-knockout block lol

ward wtf was that matza gefilte fish FAIL

i don't ignore the posts just hard to keep up with all them with so many people an me failing to get a good youtube vid and thinking of what I'm gonna say next and typing it sometimes i miss something or respond late

16. Crowned

I don't know what half that crap WARD named was, he must go to some fancy butt restaurants

17. ravenfan52

matza (cardboard bread kosher for passover), gelfilte fish (type of fish), lokshen kugel (like a ya know like a...well ya don't know neither do i how to explain it lol), all jewish foods. gebraten don't know

bagels (stereotypical jewish food)

18. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Bagels are JEWISH food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Excuse me... I need to go throw up my breakfast

19. ravenfan52

just watched the vid again and you're right that kind of hit was probably necessary BUT there was definitely some helmet action why do you think his jaw is broken. that hit was probably too high and he very well could get fined. watch the vid, watch rivers' helmet. not sure if it was both helmets or just one or who's or w/e but definitely too high

20. Crowned

Screw bagels, English muffins 4tw