Hines Ward Questions Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger's Toughness

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by SRW, Nov 29, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

In an interview with NBC's "Football Night In America" Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward questioned Ben Roethliberger's toughness, saying basically that real football players want to play in these games and don't worry about the future, adding that the Steelers can't get this game back. Roethlisberger is listed as the emergency quarterback tonight which means he can come into the game in the 4th quarter if both Dennis Dixon and Tyler Palko are injured against the Ravens.

Source: TheRedzone.org

2. cris80

cris80 comic relief

WOW. :icon_eek: Um, that's not cool.

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Shut up ward you dont play with concussions theres more important things in life.

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I seen the interview, I doubt Hines Ward intended to put it like that, either way Ben won't have no hard feelings.

5. hermhater

hermhater Guest

:shock:

6. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

That was not intended that way at all.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

I just saw it...lol...he said he could see how a teammate could question his toughness...Ben practiced all week and now isn't playing...he didn't actually question it...

The NBC guys are "are reading between the lines" and saying that he is questioning the toughness of Ben...

It's not like Ward said Ben's gotta play in a game of this nature or that he shouldn't be standing on the sidelines. Gotta love the media...

8. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

bullcrap, i just watched it....he didnt call him out on anything

9. ball in the baskett

O well that makes more sense lol

10. cris80

cris80 comic relief

That's a totally different story. I really HATE how stations try to sensationalize things like this!

11. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

This "story" won't go far at all. Roethlesberger is the last QB who's toughness you can question

12. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I seen a bit of that.... Yeah like a season game is going to mean jack crap when his career is all said and done. He was saying how this was such a huge game. But the fact is it's just another football game.

13. ball in the baskett

That part threw me off made him sound like a butthole lol

14. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

yeah that part was hecked up.

15. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

This is the actual quote:

16. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

lol, Hines Ward calling out his QB, I love it....So now how many Steeler fans are going to tell Hines to shut the heck up, I mean seriously how can he actually call out his QB to the media what a rod. Now every time I see him smile the word backstabbing snitch will come to mind and I'll wonder what he's really smiling about. Wow! Doesn't matter what he "meant", he's done hundreds of interviews, he knew what he was saying and the way it would be perceived.

17. hermhater

hermhater Guest

That's the hecked up part to me.

It's not the locker rooms decision.

18. cris80

cris80 comic relief

I agree HH. I can understand the other teammates WANTING him to play, but I'd guess that they understand that it's his post-retirement mental faculties that are at risk, and not theirs. To me it sounds more like they're just trying to will him to play because they want to win, not because they don't care about his safety.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

So where in that quote does he question Ben's toughness...lol...

20. hermhater

hermhater Guest

He straight up called him a cat right there.