Hines Ward Says Steelers Punched Bully Ravens In The Mouth

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by SRW, Jan 15, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

On the Pittsburgh Steelers' first offensive play Saturday, wide receiver Hines Ward drew a 15-yard penalty for unnecessary roughness on Baltimore Ravens safety Ed Reed. After all, it was a Ravens-Steelers game. "How'd I get a roughness call? I got four guys beating me up," Ward said after Pittsburgh's 31-24 comeback win. "Ed Reed and I have our battles. No disrespect to Ed. He probably thinks it's a little personal. But it's playoffs. Loser go home. … We go out there and fight, scratch, claw, do whatever it takes to win a ballgame." But Ward was still shaking his head at the early penalty. "I had four guys beating me up under the pile, and I come out with the personal foul. It wasn't even off-setting," said Ward. "I just chuckled about it." Ward also said his team knew what to expect from Baltimore. "They always pride themselves on bullying guys, bullying people," he said. "They always do all the trash-talking. They have been trash-talking all week, how they want to break (Ben Roethlisberger's) nose again and stuff like that. Sometimes, when you are fighting the bully, you just have to hit them in the mouth, and you shut them up."

Source: USA Today

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2011
  2. 86WARD

86WARD -

The Ward and Reed battle all night was awesome...

3. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

So in textbook SteAler fashion. You win a playoff game with a little bit of skill, a little bit of luck, and alot of help from the officials and THEN in the post game classlesly whine about the calls you didn't get.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

lol..."a lot of help from the officials."

5. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

We had more penalties for more yards, same bullcrap spews out of Phigles mouth week after week. Gotta love it.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

In textbook fashion.

Love when people talk about a game and didn't watch...lol.

7. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Watched every second of it

8. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I never miss a playoff game. Unless one team is up 42-21 in the 4th....then I might leave early.

9. Crowned

Good. I understand you don't want "the other team" in Penn to have success, but it happens and we have. So quit hating every chance you get and just let it go. I've never seen somebody waste so much of their own time hating on other teams/players, you have to be compensating for something.

10. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Lackofringsitis I think that's what its called....
    Man Steelers came back I thought they were imploding

11. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I just call em like I see em. You won by seven and the refs stole seven. Then Ward instead of being a gracious winner started whining about calls that didn't go his way.

I suppose it's hard to act like you've been there before when you never really earn it.

12. VikingsFan28

VikingsFan28 Wherever Alex Morgan is

Im pretty sure nobody in the state of Pennsylvania has ever liked the officiating of a game of any sport

1 person likes this.
  13. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Do you really want to go this route? Take the NFL Smack to the NFL Smack forum and personal attacks in the Fight Club. Now.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

or not...

15. Crowned

And the Ravens complete and utter collapse (fumbles, poor throws, non catches, interceptions) had nothing to do with the Steelers win...Of course it was the refs...When are people gonna stop using that as a cop-out? And for the record, the steelers were penalized 8+ times for more yards than the Ravens.

16. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

^That was the little bit of luck I was referring too. Clearly the Ravens didn't play well enough but it still should have been tied with only a FG needed to win on their last drive.
    Personal attacks? You do realize I am talking about Hines Ward and not 86Ward? I am going to stop posting my opinion on this game since apparently any opinion other then the Steeler's are the best followed by a terrible towel emoticon is deemed NFL Smack here

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

Or you could try to post an unbiased opinion...it wasn't like the Ravens didn't get "lucky" at any point in the game. It's not like the Ravens weren't "helped" at times by the officiating. lol...

Glad to hear your done posting about it.

18. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

sure ............ the ravens are bullies and the steelers are choir boys .............. stfu hines ......... you both use the same 'bullying' tactics ............. don't try and convince us otherwise

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  19. 86WARD

86WARD -

Don't recall the Steelers trash talking before this game like the Ravens were...lol.

Hines did his talking on the field...like you want Captain.

I seem to recall several threads dealing with Terrell Suggs talking smack...then there was the T-Shirt incident.

Choir boys.

20. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Kemoatu should have been ejected. He came in late 3 times that I saw. Both teams are full of buttholes and both tried to give the game away at times. Baltimore got outplayed. Whats more interesting than the Ed Reed Hines Ward battle :icon_rolleyes: is the battle of both these fan bases for most snitching about the refs. Oh yeah, and it was also the day when all the Baltimore bandwagon fans jump right back on just in time to get their hearts ripped out. That's always a good day.