Homer Boards

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TOP DAWG, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I think the 49ers official board is the worse, some very knowledgeable posters but they know it so they're all high and mighty over their opinions and the rest of the lemmings swallow the cum barrels full at a time. Of course they also have the always present wanna be cool kids who spam more then anything and follow the masses, I remember when we first signed Alex Smith a few of us were complaining over the pick and the so called "cool" kids said we didn't know what we were talking about....Hey cool kids, how do you feel about him now??? bwahahahahahha dumbasses.

2. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

I disagree. If you have a couple of hours,read the sticky thread on the home board of how long people have been fans,and why. It is pretty obvious many come from generations of family fans. Really they have supported a very terrible team for years as far as attendance. Granted they are more vocal now,but only because they finally have something to get excited about. We really sucked till the Brady/Belichick era.

3. DrunkBomber

DrunkBomber Rally Rex

The Bears official board makes me seriously ponder walking into traffic. I post on another Bears board which wasnt as bad until the past few weeks...

4. Bulluck53

Bulluck53 NFL-Fans

For the most part I hate Titans fans.... thats why I don't post there much.

5. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

Is that the one with Texans mods?

Good move. :icon_cool:

6. lostfan

lostfan Starter

Obviously I'm not referring to you, and other people like you. You probably don't notice the large percentage of your fanbase that I'm talking about as much as everyone else does, but trust me, they're there, and everyone notices it. I guess you're immune to the turds in the punch bowl.

7. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Any good team picks up bandwagon fans,but we've had a solid nucleus fans for years. We've always been 2nd fiddle to the Red Sox and Celtics to the local fan base. Hell,we were probably even behind the Bruins as far as popularity. Winning has pulled these people away from the other sports,and they are now rabid fans. It's that way with any City. It's hard to get too excited about a team that sucks year after year.
    However,you have to give New England fans credit for going to the games,and keeping the Franchise alive. In a lot of Cities this Franchise would have probably been moved because of the years of famine. 1-15 wasn't that long ago,so now I'm letting off steam for years of frustration of following a terrible team. :icon_rolleyes: Well,I'm still a Cubbies fan,so I still got that frustration working.

8. lostfan

lostfan Starter

That's what I said in the original post though. Clearly you're a part of that nucleus... but that bandwagon is insane. Only the Cowboys rivals it for sheer size. And they are some incredibly obnoxious tools, too.

9. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

I've run out of frustration years ago.

10. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Do you have any idea the crap we took for years? What could we say. Yah we suck,and next year we'll suck too. I was a born Cubbies fan for futility. I figured I was doomed from both of those teams for life. So when you finally get a top team,you kind of want to get on all the buttholes who gave you crap for all those years, and that we are doing in mbutt. :icon_cheesygrin: Some day Brady and Belichick will retire,and we'll probably return to mediocrity,so personally I'm riding the wave layen down some payback.

11. lostfan

lostfan Starter

Dude. I'm a Bears fan and I'm 25. Which means that when I got old enough to start paying serious attention to football, Dave Wannstedt was the coach. Outside of 2001, 2005, and 2006 the franchise has been utter horsecrap for almost my whole time as a fan. Believe me, I know.

12. Homer34

Homer34 BOOMSTICK!

The Bears board wouldn't be bad, at all, if it wasn't full of goobers.

13. lostfan

lostfan Starter

Mrs. Lincoln probably would've enjoyed "Our American Cousin" if her husband didn't get shot while she was watching it, I'm sure.

14. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Yeah, go figure!!!

15. Homer34

Homer34 BOOMSTICK!

You get my gist exactly.