How To Lose Friends And Irritate People, Eric Mangini Edition

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by wide right, May 31, 2009.

1. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

So what sells better? The Mangini Edition or The McDaniels Edition?

I think they're both pretty close...

3. lionheart?

lionheart? StafFORD=Franchise

I am so glad he didnt come here, at the time I was mad and wanted him. whheeeewwww The Lions luck is changing.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

This kind of story makes me like Mike Tomlin so much more. He came in, knew what Steelers football was all about, adapted himself to the organization, added a few of his own special touches and the rest is history.

Tomlin could've come in and told LeBeau to change the D to Tomlin's style or hit the road, he didn't. He could've brought in some outside OC and changed the terminology of the offense, he didn't. He pretty much left things the way they were...total opposite of Mangini and McDaniels. Rex Ryan gets it...and that'e why the Jets will continue to win long before the Broncos and Browns...

5. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

It's an interesting competition between the two. McDumbass' trading Cutler and then drafting Moreno certainly was the boldest move made but all of little moves made by Mangina may add up to be bigger in the end. He's running the west coast version of team implosion. Just taking little chunks at a time. Before you know it, he's wining.

6. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

You mean he came in and got directions to the drop site where you guys leave the officials money? :icon_cheesygrin:

Are you seriously comparing the situation that Mangini is coming into and the one Tomlin came into? Tomlin would have been an idiot to blow up the Steelers defense.

Back to the article. If you haven't read it, don't bother. I'll sum it up in one sentence. Mangini just might be a rod. If you really want to click on it, you can stop reading after the first sentence (ie. the only important one):
    "It's not going to matter if Eric Mangini goes 11-5 with the Browns and Rex Ryan goes 5-11 with the Jets"

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

No...I'm saying as a head coach coming in to a new team in general. Mangini's trying to change everything to his liking. Just like he tried to do with the Jets and failed miserably. Sometimes you have to know when to say when. Denver had a very productive offense. No need for McDaniels to come in and unload one of the Broncos' best players. Tomlin could've done all the same things Mangini did. The team was 8-8 when Tomlin got there. He could've opted to make some drastic changes. He didn't. The Browns are one year removed from a 10-6 record...the core of the team is there...it just needs the proper guidance.

8. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Keep in mind Mangini is one of the worst gameplanners/playcallers in the NFL

9. cpgobrowns

Right, but wasn't that Ben's accident year? The Browns 10-6 year had a lot of people thinking they had turned the corner (including me). It turns out that the schedule helped them as much as anything (Wins vs. Cin 7-9, Bal. twice 5-11, Mia 1-15, St.L 3-13, NYJ 4-12, Buf 7-9, and SF 5-11). The Browns weren't as good as 10-6 makes them sound, and they weren't as bad as 4-12 makes them sound last year unless you count things like Ken Dorsey and 3rd down.
    The Browns hired Mangini to make changes in the way things are run. When you want the opposite of the nice guy you shouldn't be surprised when the next guy isn't as nice.
    He wants it his way, so what.
    A mural in a corner hallway at the practice facility, rookies having to do some community service, not introducing himself to Shaun Rogers because they happened to be at the same event for a minute. I just think that most of it just sounds like whining about stuff that doesn't really matter.
    http://www.moviesoundscentral.com/wavs/jerry_maguire/jm27.wav

10. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

Ward, I agree with alot of what you're saying but the difference between Tomlin adapting to Pittsburgh, and Mangini or McDaniels not adapting to their teams is that Pittsburgh is a winning organization, the others haven't really been for a little while now. Tomlin walked into a winning situation, the other organizations fired their coaches and felt the need for change. We'll see what happens, but I personally love McDaniels and hate Mangini.

11. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Since Herm is no longer in the NFL I might agree with you.

12. cpgobrowns

That very well may be. Can't say I paid attention to the Jets playcalling that much last year. At least that is a football argument. And if his playcalling sucks for the Browns, I'll hate him then. Most of the stuff in that article just seemed like middle school, cry-baby crap.

13. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Mangina had a problem with not respecting his players, and in return the players did not respect him. That is a set up for failure.