I Want The Eagles To Draft....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by TheDuke, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Agree! He does'nt have a chance to win the heisman tommorow!

2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

With the exception of fullback, kicker, punter, and arguably tight end, if you can get a 'cant-miss' player with a resume like his that also has the potential to be a leader on your team, it doesn't matter what the position is. You heavily consider that player.

I would burn a top 4 pick on this guy without hesitation.

If you had the revolving chairs game around the mike position like the Eagles have had for over 5 years since Trotter was in decline, you'd understand. Ryans played decent this year, but wore out mid season and wasn't making the plays he was in the first half.

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i agree with this, if, and only if a team is in a position of luxury where they have all of their more important, key positions sewn up with superior talent. The Eagles are not in a position of luxury. There is absolutely no arguing they need pass rush help immensely. And, there is some doubt if their o-line and QB positions don't need some serious upgrades.

it's just my opinion and i'm not always right, but i just feel there are certain positions that cannot make a large impact in today's NFL and to use high picks on these types of players don't help a team win more games and that is the name of the game.

Here are all of the players that were taken as top 10 picks as run-stopping LB's, RB's, or safeties in the last 5 years.

Luke Kuechly, Trent Richardson, Eric Berry, Rolando McClain, c.j. spiller, aaron curry, and darren mcfadden.

None of these guys have helped their teams win any more games. Even in the cases of the running backs who have done decently so far, all of those teams already HAD good running games BEFORE those players showed up so they didn't really do anything to IMPROVE the teams.

there have ALWAYS been certain positions in this league that were less important than others depending on what type of ball was being played at that time. At one time, Wide receivers and cornerbacks were not as important because everyone ran the ball all the time. Right now, run-stopping LB's, RB's, and safeties just aren't as important as they once were.

Just my opinion though.

4. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Anyone who thinks Teo is the defensive version of Tim Tebow is out of his mind. Teo is easily the best ILB prospect since Willis. Teo will be able to play ILB in a 3-4, MLB in a 4-3 or SAM in a 4-3 at a very high level in the NFL

Not a top 5 pick because of his position, but most likley a top 10 pick, and amazing value if he falls out of the top 10

LMAO at "Defensive Tim Tebow"

Sent from my HTC Vivid

5. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

id go for a pass rusher, followed by courner, then quarterback depending on if they bring in a vet... if they do then offensive tackle

6. CaptainStubing

incorrect. Willis was drafted at #11. curry, mcclain, and kuechly were top 10 picks, which indicates they were bigger 'prospects'. and willis was actually slated as a late 1st rd/early 2nd pick based on his performances at Ole Miss. he only moved up late based upon the combine. willis wasnt getting this type of talk at this point in his senior season.

JJ, i'm beginning to think you only read one sentence in everything i've said in this thread. i'm not saying that Te'o can't play LB in this league. I don't think he is the next aaron curry and will be a complete bust but i'm quite certain his skills translate much BETTER in the college game and I do not believe he will be the most dominant player on the field in the NFL. He will be defined more as a 'complementary' player. If the college game and the pro games were similar, like they were decades ago, absolutely I would have agreed Te'o should be selected in the top 3.

That's why i used Tebow as a reference point. Everyone keeps talking about his 'leadership' skills but is everyone actually thinking through how his physical skills will translate to the pro game, which sounds similar to Tebow, right?

7. Jihad Joe

If Teo was on Willis's draft he wouldn't be a top 10 pick. Willis was the better prospect. Willis was a true elite prospect once scouts looked at the tape. Teo can do everything Willis can, he just isn't quite as quick.

I see what your saying with the the Tebow comparison, but its a lazy.comparison and it and you are incorrect. ILB isn't a premium position, but it is a position where a player can have a huge impact on the field. It's a position where a truely elite player can be a catylist for both the run and pass game. Look at what Sean Lee and Bruce Carter meant to Dallas. Subtract Willis and Bowman from SF and fill those spots with marginal talent. Different defence.

I agreed that you won't and shouldntt see an ILB in the top 5. But a player like Teo is definitely worth a look in the top 10

Sent from my HTC Vivid

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

the eagles do not need to go for a DE IMO. they have plenty of talent both young and vets. the issue was the garbage wide 9 scheme. you'll see an improvement. yesterday showed it already.

if they dont go with t'eo assuming hes there when they pick they go OT or CB in the first.

me - i want t'eo in the first and fluker in the second.

9. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Theed to cut number 24 and find his replacement because he has been awful in philly the last two years!

10. CaptainStubing

well, compared to what he's getting paid, he's been awful, that's for sure.

if nnamdi were getting paid a much lower sum of money, we would just call him an 'ok' cornerback and not even notice him much.

i can't imagine him being on this eagles roster less year unless he takes an ENORMOUS pay cut. i think he's due to make $15 mill. he's worth about $3 mill.

11. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

sorry but when fletcher cox and cullen jenkins have the most sacks on your team... you need upgraded talent at defensive end. trent cole has 2 sacks and the other guys hasnt done nothing all year.

as for the wide 9 goes... they were using it wrong. u dont use it on downs that can be runs. if u got 3rd and long then use it. u cant agrue the results from last year when cole and babin produced over 50 sacks together. their play dropped off big time.

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

the eagles were one of the best sacking teams in the nfc for years without the wide 9. its garbage. period.

DE is not this teams #1 need so taking one in the 1st round would be asinine.

thank god the wide 9 is gone.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  13. Jihad Joe

Especially with Graham coming on

Sent from my HTC Vivid

14. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Cole has always been good. Graham SHOULD be good. Vinny Curry, Philip Hunt, Tapp... definitely not a priority.

And we royally suck at drafting DL in the first anyways.

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

i mean think about the wide a bit more - the nfl is a copycat league right ? so if the wide is worth a damn why don't more teams run it ?

im not saying don't draft a DE or DT at all in this draft but it's not the eagles 1st priority IMO.

truth be told the more i think about OT may be the way to go because i just don't know how peters can be what he was before after his injuries plus to me heramanns is better suited to play guard so another stud on the outside wouldnt be a bad thought.

16. CaptainStubing

anytime you can add kick butt pass rushers in today's game, you should do it, especially if you are set at QB, WR, OT, and CB.

In the case of the Eagles, they may need CB and OT more than pass rusher, but I wouldn't say they are perfectly set at DE/OLB by any stretch.

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

the eagles need for an OT or DB vs DE (in the1st round) is like comparing a person's need for oxygen vs under-cooked chicken.

18. CaptainStubing

a pass rush can also come from an OLB or even a DT ..... not sure why you're hyper-focusing on DE.

the Eagles need more natural pass rushers, regardless of position. a better scheme could generate more pass rush, which is therein going to help their secondary, but i'm not buying that this is 100% a scheme problem.

19. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I just dont see the need there for DE when theres good youth to mold at that position and i dont think trent cole sucks its 90% the wide 9s fault i think.

20. CaptainStubing

:doh:

aw, heck it.