Ideas For GIF, Part 2

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by FSUViking, Jul 30, 2008.

1. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

Is there some kind of a consolidation tool we can get for the news feed? It seems every 3rd or 4th story to cross the wire is about Favre and we have sooooooo many Favre topics going. You almost have to copy and paste your opinion in one thread into about 12 others. Or maybe put all team news in a team specific thread? One common theme with tall these Favre threads is the same people saying the same things. You log onto the site and it's like "oh...great. Four more Favre stories to go with the other 12 I've posted in."

2. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

Simple solution, don't post in them all?

3. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

FSU...I think the MOD's have merged some of them but I understand that when the reporters find a new story and post it they want it to be seen. Then the MOD's can merge as they see fit.

4. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! FSU is back! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he makes a good point.

5. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The feed is a bit limited with what it can do. I have been trying to find a way to have team specific rss feeds for a couple years now. We do have the topic tags that sort out the news. You can see all the latest news for your favorite team by using the drop-down menus at the top of the site or on the front page under the slideshow.

6. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

The typical freaking response to any suggestion I make. :icon_rolleyes:

I've been back for a few weeks now......:icon_cheesygrin:

7. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I didn't know that you were gone.

:icon_twisted:

8. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

Yeah. I got put on "time-out." :icon_cool:

9. SRW

Just FYI....I have been trying to find a solution to having having feeds for each topic tag in the NFL news for over a year now. I have posted over and over about it on vbulletin.org and the Zoints support forum (the authors of the tag modification we use) and I have gotten nothing back. I will just keep plugging along.....

10. hermhater

hermhater Guest

So the tag will have to be modified at the script level where vBulletin reaches into the php to get the commands?

11. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

Having just tore through the Adrian Peterson thread, we really need "multi-quotes!" :icon_cheesygrin: I think I have like 7 posts in a row.

12. SRW

Features in place do not allow for the multi-quote feature to work. Sorry...

13. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

Plus, sometimes multi-quotes look horrible if there are more than three or four of them.

14. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

Is that any more annoying than somebody (in this case, me) posting 7 times in a row?

15. SRW

That's why we have the auto-merge double posts feature.

16. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Not in the headlines Steve....

17. SRW

Ah that's right....well I guess if one needs to quote 10 people then they'll be doing lots of cutting a pasting.

18. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

is there anyway to put a box on the page somewhere, that shows who is in the chatbox. I know that if I saw people were in there, I would be inclined to click on it more, as everytime I click on it, it's empty

19. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

You can see who's there by viewing who's online Mike. Takes an extra click but then you can see who's posting/viewing and where.

20. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

It only works if you post back-to-back within a certain time frame.