Ideas For Gridironfans.com?

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by Jammin Jaguar, Dec 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 86WARD

86WARD -

I suggest an "ART Subforum" where people can post their signatures and wall papers and even let people use them on this site if they wish...I've seen it done on some other websites and it's pretty cool to see the designs.

2. Fricker 4

Fricker 4 Crabtree fall to 10

i Agree, i would love to see the Admins do the nominations. I also feel we could do with out alot of th Awards that are negative, i say either keep the mcnabb or the madden but get rid of the rest that are bad. I say there would be Rookie of the month, MVP, Pimp, Madden or McNabb, Ocho Cinco, UPS and the Medic award that JJ was talking about. I dont think you really need one for Best Admin of the month or best blogger. This being because there is only like 10 of you, and its usually just gonna be the same 3-4 nominated and winning every month.

People talk about favortism in voting, all i can say to that is maybe the admins should have a system to make it work, like the head counsil aka the admins have a % and then everyone else has a %. Or have nominations like on the 25th of every month, then Post best 5, and let people vote, then on last day of the month Admins Take the 2 with the most votes and talk amongst themselves and choose a winner for the award.

Other then that, i dont see much else that would help overall. Maybe eventually get some higher priced Items in the Vcash section. Like some Animated Gifts. I know i talked to sweets bout this and she said it was just based on what they have available but surely some where out there they have some by now.

I really agree with jammin's ideas.. I also agree with the LT award bi-monthly

3. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

How about a Bill Walsh award for member with the most football IQ :icon_cheesygrin:

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

That's not even an option here Mullet, sorry...shoutboxes take away from the actual forums and keeps the focus only in the shoutboxes, tried it and got rid of it.

Good idea, I've already said if we can get some photoshoppers that are here regularly, I'd love to make an Art or Graphix section.

The admins will not be nominating people, this site is based on our members and we feel that the members should be nominating their own peers. However, I think that our members should take into considering when nominating and voting that they are voting for the person most deserving and not just their so called favorite person. The members need to look that what the award is all about and for the time period they are up for and then vote whom they think is most deserving. We try to make as many awards as possible so that a greater number of people can ultimately get an award but it does boil down to just having fun.

GIF only has 2 awards that can be seen as derogatory but this is an uncensored site and we all take the good with the bad, this is for fun and if it can't be seen as just busting ballies and having fun then there is something wrong with how people view message boards and forums.

The best blog of the month award will also stay to give our bloggers something to strive for in their respective blogs. We have a best MOD and that should also go to the Mod who has gone up and over their best for their forums. If anyone is interested what Mods are responsible for what forums just scroll down the front forum page and click "View Forum Leaders".

The LT award being bi-monthly, I don't remember what they would be for, Jammin?

That's a good idea, we'll talk about that one as well, however I don't think it should be a monthly one either.

The admin and staff will be throwing some of these ideas around and see if we can come up with some answers for you members, thank you all for the ideas and suggestions, we like hearing them.

5. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

That's like the Mangini-us Award for the NFL Trivia Game.

I think it's good for a Blogger of the Month Award, it gives the bloggers something to work for otherwise there's no point.

I am in favour of the LT and Medic Awards of course, they're my ideas. :icon_cool:

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Isn't that the Mangenius Award?!?

What was the premise behind those awardsf?

Any chance at updating the current awards to "newer" players?

Like the Warren Sapp Award? Since he's retired? Joey Porter's a pretty good trash talker.

7. Jammin Jaguar

Medic Award - Most helpful poster of the month.
    LT Award - Was a bi-monthly award for the person who had brought their 'A' game for two months running I suppose! It was just another step on the Montana Award.

8. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

86, the Mangenius award is only for the NFL game, I was thinking more of the members that post in the football forums.

9. Jammin Jaguar

That's a good idea.

I had another idea, I'm not too fond of the Madden Award or the McNabb Award as you probably saw before, I don't think people should be acknowledged for their spurting of crape onto the forums.

10. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Well see what we can do about updating, it's just that Steve has to make each one and you know how thin he's spread now....

We'll also look at those maybe adding those 2 awards, just remember that each month they have to be posted by hand and to get every nomination Steve or myself has to go through each nomination thread and weed out the post whoring to get the actual nominees, please remember that when posting, some of you are still nominating people after they have already been nominated making it harder for us in the end.

JJ I have already addressed that, those awards are for fun they will stay.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

I like that idea...however, I'd think it would work the other way around. LT for the month and Montana (seeing he has all the rings and the HOF career) would be the bi-monthly guy...

I like the Medic award too...

What about the most "creative poster" - ala Brett Favre Award OR Ben Roethlisberger Award (He's been pretty creative) *cough* HOMER!...??? Perhaps a poster that is witty and creative with their posts, comes up with good topics and threads? Maybe the person who comes up with the most active thread for the month?

I thought they were one in the same...I like that idea too...

12. Jammin Jaguar

Another idea would be the Adam Vinatieri Award - Who deals best when under pressure... When people debate or question with them, who plays it cool and comes out with a good, educated result?

13. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

educated and good...hmmmmm somehow Vinatieri just doesn't come to my mind.

14. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

Man, sounds like Bill Walsh again! :icon_cheesygrin:

15. Jammin Jaguar

It was more the 'coping under pressure' that I was thinking of.

16. Fricker 4

Fricker 4 Crabtree fall to 10

JJ i thought earlier you said the LT award would be about bringing your A Game like the Montana award was it was more like the Dark sheep that brings good to the board and other such things not just the A Game. Go back and look at what you wrote. if its just about A game bi monthly then i agree it should be montana instead of LT. And LT monthly. Sweets i just dont see why the Mods need an award. They are already awarded for being mods. But if you dont mind there being tons of awards i dont mind either.

17. Jammin Jaguar

Yeah sorry Fricker, that was it... it was the 'ALL AROUND POSTER' if I recall correctly.

18. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Before he joined the Colts and I would agree.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

How about a poster that's gone "batty", insane, coo-coo, lost their marbles...Vanderjagt Award!!!

20. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

Like the Favre idea

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.