Ideas For Gridironfans.com?

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by Jammin Jaguar, Dec 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

Why not just call it the brakos82?

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

POW!!

3. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Nix the coo-coo award

Fricker, because our Mods are members first and they deserve to be mentioned as well, they don't get paid for what they do so this is the sites way of thanking them, like the other awards are the sites way of thanking all of our members.

As I said, I don't know if we will go with all these ideas or just a couple, but whatever we decide the members will be the first to know.

4. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Another recommendation might be to only allow a member to win an award if he actively uses GIF. The perrenial winner of the "Mangenius award" hasn't posted here in months....although he does stop by to neg rep people quite a bit.

I think what you're talking about Sweets would be a good award. Someone who shows a lot of knowledge in their posts in the football forums.

5. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Vince Lombardi is dead, but the teams still fighting for the trophy that wear his name. And imagne, it was named Lombardi, after his dead. No name changes IMO

6. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I would love to have a Graphics Forum. We have tried it in the past and just didn't have enough activity/interest to keep it going. If we can get enough people who are interested and willing to contribute I'd be more than happy to set that up. I'd even have a section in the NFL Photos section where artists could upload their portfolio of work.

As for all the awards....right now I am not really considering adding more awards. I was thinking of adding a Bob Ross award once for the best GFX artist of the month but again, lack of interest squashed that.

DD, my suggestion to the Man-Genius award issue? Beat yisman. This site is more than just a forum and we have many registered members who do not actively participate in the forums but regularly check the site out and use it as a resource for news and more. I'd love if we had more than 10-15 people playing each month. Heck, if I could keep up with it each month day in and day out I am sure I'd whip yisman like I did the one month I was dedicated to the game and won.

I think the same goes for the arguement of the awards being a popularity contest. TOP DAWG said it best once. Someone brought up the fact it seemed the same people were always winning. His reply was that then others should simply step up if they want to win. I agree with him 100%. NFL Reporters want to win the Cosell award? Post more news. People want to win the Jim Brown award? Contribute more to their blogs , make sure it's quality entries and do your part to get the word out about your blog. Want to win the Joe Montana award as MVP? Then earn it by posting knowledgeably on the site. The list can go on and on.

One last thing...the shoutbox? Not going to happen. We went that route before and the shoutbox is good for one thing....sucking the life out of the forums. People use it as a chat that becomes one huge cluster-heck and the forums get ignored.

7. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

The only response I can make to that is ......I don't think my dial up is fast enough to look up the answers in the 200+ seconds it usually takes him to win everyday.

I'll just see if I can drum up some interest in the trivia game.

8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Every month I try, and every month I fail.

9. happ

happ PECAVI

I have an idea I think would be useful, but I am not sure of how to implement it. I tend to read through the site from work on my downtime(sometimes I have a lot of it.) Due to the possibly offensive avatars/signatures and heavier bandwidth usage, I turn them off in my options. However, when I view the site from home, I have to change the settings to display them, and usually just leave them off. Is there any way of having a skin or a single setting to disable images/sigs/avatars from being seen during that session?

10. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

Gridiron-mobile kind of does that... But I do know what you're after and it's probably not that. Good idea, I think afjay does the themes.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

If a graphics forum comes about, what about a subforum for player/logo renders.

First make it available to members only...similiar to the smut forum. This would do a couple/few things:

1. It would make it real easy for artists to produce work at a faster pace.
    2. It could encourage artists to do more work.
    3. If it is members only (after 1000 posts or whatever,) it could encourage new membership via the web. If word gets out that GridIron has some great "renders," people could sign up just for the use of renders. If they have to post 1000 times, that could be a real good thing...

12. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

We once had a skin for work on GIF that worked the way you want it happ, but I guess it was on the old php board.

13. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

Quick little one. Have an arrow or something to show what threads you've posted in (unless there is one and I'm being dumb again)

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

You could do an advanced search with your screenname and they all will come up...

15. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

ya, the little icons are just easier.

16. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I like the awards idea that is here but sometimes it gets.....how shall I say this nicely....it gets dumb.

17. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

User CP ~~~> Edit Options ~~~> Messaging & Notification ~~~> Default Thread Subscription Mode ~~~> Set dropdown to "No email notification" ~~~> done
    Now a small icon will show up for every thread you've started or posted in. Of course you can choose to receive notifications, if there are a new post in the suscribes thread

18. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

You're like my gooberation pill! :icon_cheesygrin:

19. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

:lol: np, I'm here to help

20. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Thought you were here to keep Genius away.:icon_cheesygrin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.