Illinois RB Rashard Mendenhall To Enter NFL Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by SRW, Jan 6, 2008.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Big Ten Player of the Year Mendenhall going pro

2. DallasArmor09

DallasArmor09 Well-Known

Rashard Mendenhall is gonna be a straight up stud in the NFL. I wouldnt mind having him replace Julius Jones but i doubt for 1 he falls to 22nd, 2. we wont take a RB in rd1 :word04:

3. SRW

I don;t get the people who knock this kid. He's got skills and he showed them in the Rose Bowl. That game was a fumble away from being competitive. Illinois fell apart after that but it was Mendenhall who showed off his stuff vs a very talented USC defense.

4. DallasArmor09

DallasArmor09 Well-Known

Yeah and Mendell didnt get the ball in his hands enough to doo alot of damage. He still made good for a few huge gains and showed he is a very versitle RB. I don't know who is knocking this kid but they going to get a rude awakening, cause honestly right now he will prob. be drafted 2nd behind McFadden IMO.

5. SRW

Well don't forget about Jonathan Stewart out of Oregon. I do see Mendenhall being a mid 2nd round pick right now but his stock could climb come Combine time.

6. DallasArmor09

DallasArmor09 Well-Known

Oh i haven't forgotten bout Jon Stewart-He is very veristile as most of the RB's in this class entering the draft are. It should be a great year for the RB class in 2008. I don't see Mendenhall dropping into rd2 I see 4 RB's taken in rd1 and agreed its all on combine and performance soo we will have to see but right now Mendenhall in 2nd on my board for RB's...

7. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

dude is a damn stud

8. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

i see him goin in the early second round to a team like miami that might need a back but i say early second round just because this class is so full of stud versatile runningbacks

9. Libid21

Libid21 Guest

I don't think he will be a Top 15 pick. Maybe a Top 20, but I don't see him going before Jonathan Stewart in the first round. Their skill set is quite similar but Stewart has gotten the most attention this year, so I don't really see any one passing on Stewart for Mendenhall. Look for Houston or maybe even Detroit to draft one of these running backs as early as the first round.

10. DallasArmor09

DallasArmor09 Well-Known

It depends on these guys combines and how they perform-Both these RB's are solid from top too bottom and will be coveted by most NFL teams in the draft.

11. mouse

mouse Starter

I DON'T SEE HIM GOING AHEAD OF STEWART OR JONES IF THEY ENTER, SO THAT COULD PUSH HIM DOWN INTO THE 2ND ROUND AREA.

12. DallasArmor09

DallasArmor09 Well-Known

Keep thinking that...