Is Any Player Worth The First-Overall Pick?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by SRW, Jan 26, 2008.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Is Any Player Worth the First-Overall Pick?

2. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

The simple answer is 'No'. That's why Miami is trying to get something for the pick. The question is, who is worth that pick therefore who is going to give anything up for it? I just don't see a trade happening.

3. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

I can't see a trade happening either, but I'll hold out hoping for a sucker.

4. Underground Dyer

Underground Dyer Chicago Bears Know-It-All

The Cowboys have two first round picks to barter. And will all the moving in and out of the first round last year, they may have a few extra picks to sweeten the pot with as well. Jerry Jones might just give it a try to get his hands on McFadden.

5. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

Very interesting. Dallas could trade their two later 1st round picks for the #1 overall pick... Then they'd most likely take McFadden and get rid of Jones, or they could take either of the two Long's?

It'd be interesting to see that's for sure.

6. DallasArmor09

DallasArmor09 Well-Known

Dallas would never do something so damn stupid. Bill Parcells raped our coaching staff and now every1 thinks we are going to move all the way to othe #1 overall pick??? LMFAO-NEVER, Too much to lose, with nothing to gain!!!!!!! If Dallas moves up its right into the 10-18 spot area, being there will be a player still on the board we want and have the ammo to go get.

7. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

22 and 28 are not even close enough to move up to the top spot. Even if they threw in their second and third they are still about a thousand points off. It aint gonna happen. They would have to pull a Ditka and basically trade their entire draft plus a player as well to get the top pick.

8. DallasArmor09

DallasArmor09 Well-Known

Which is why i wish people would stop suggesting Dallas is this dumb to make this move-Espically when Dallas ins't known to move up but down in drafts.. I do see them moving up this year if there is a player on the board they want bad enough, but again it will not be into the top 10. Giving your whole draft and future for 1 player in this draft is highly Ignorant!!!!

9. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

to be fair though the Giants wil lknow that they arent oging to get a fair trade points wise. If you dangle a carrot over a hungry donkey long enough it will take a bite.

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Just to give you an idea, 22 and 28 would get you up to 7 or 8. It would take TWO seven or eights to get up to #1.

I assume you mean the Dolphins. And yes, you are right, they are not going to get a fair value trade as far as points are concerned. But they aren't going to take a whole lot lower than the 3000 #1 commands.

11. DallasArmor09

DallasArmor09 Well-Known

Yes-Walnuts i know. Thats why i have Dallas moving up too around the 10-18th spots in the draft if they move up anywere at all!!! To much too give up with a team already competitive and doesn't need to move up to #1 spot to fill a need on this team.

12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

PFT now reports that the Cowboys would send their two first round picks, plus MARION BARBER for the first overall pick. It looks like Jerry wants McFadden that bad...

If that happens.......I don't even want to think about it.

13. DallasArmor09

DallasArmor09 Well-Known

Sounds like BS too me-Why do something that stupid???

14. dolphindude13

The 2 Cowboy 1st round picks don't come close to equaling the #1 overall in terms of value from the chart. They'd have to add more which isn't gonna happen. Miami could of course take less than market value but it would have to be more than 2 low 1st round picks.

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I just said that.

16. dolphindude13

Yeah I see that, I made the reply to his post before reading the rest of the thread....my bad your highness!:icon_thumright:

17. reubenco

reubenco Greenbelter

McFadden is worth the pick, but RB is not a position need for the Dolphins

18. dolphindude13

Even that's debatable......Some are saying that his own teammate Felix Jones will have the better Pro career.

19. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

Two first round picks and Marion Barber would be a good move for the Phins, but not for the Cowboys. They need to get rid of Julius Jones, not Barber. But the fault would be whether the Phins would want Julius Jones? He's nothing different compared to Brown, they're quite similar runningbacks whereas Barber would do the Phins a world of good.

If Jerry wants McFadden that bad, then he'd have to go and upset a lot of Cowboys fans by trading Barber and two first round picks if that's what Miami would want.

20. DallasArmor09

DallasArmor09 Well-Known

OK last time im going to say this Dallas WILL NOT MAKE THAT TRADE!!!!! Julius Jones is a UFA and will not be resigned so we have no rights to him after March1st.