Jags Secondary And Wide Recievers

Discussion in 'Jacksonville Jaguars' started by JAUK32, Mar 7, 2008.

1. JAUK32

JAUK32 The "M" Pire

How do you believe our secondary will shake out will senseabaugh start? and whats line up gonna look like in the reciever core thoughts?

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Just put all this in the Official Jaguars thread.

3. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

There's a Jags thread?

To answer your question, I think if we were to cut one more WR (after waiving Sharon) it'd have to be Northcutt in my eyes... Not his biggest fan, and I don't like the thought of releasing another 1st round pick in Matt Jones.

4. JAUK32

JAUK32 The "M" Pire

yea sorry didnt see the thread. but anyway i would really like to matt improve

5. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

matt wasnt he a QB in college, white guy really big is that who your talking about.

6. Yea, Matt Jones, big butt white guy, fast, just needs to work on his hands

7. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

It's not necessarily his hands, it's his attitude. He needs to notice that you don't have to catch with one hand every time.

8. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

You dont have to but its just cool when you do,but seriously i see what your saying.

9. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I guess there isn't, One of you guys should make one so it can be stickied in the AFC Discussion section. "The Official Jacksonville Jaguars Thread".

10. Bulluck53

Bulluck53 NFL-Fans

As far as CB's go I love the addition of Drayton Florence. I don't know the numbers of the contract but he is going to do real well across from (this is ridiculous, I can't remember his name... I can see him right now). Nelson definitely has the ability and upside to be a great safety in the near future as well. It scares me when I think about Vy going up against that secondary. However, I believe a secondary is only as good as it's pass rush and letting Stroud go is puzzling to me. I realize he is one strike away from a years suspension and all that but he and Henderson were probably the 2nd best tackle tandem in the league (next to Minnesota)... its odd when you also factor in the loss of Grady Jackson. I'm sure they'll get a guy in the draft to fill those holes.

At receiver.... Williamson was a bargain but he doesn't really fill a need. He's a speed guy but he can't catch, so I don't know. For what you spent it's a low risk on him, though. I love Jerry Porter, always have, and really wanted the Titans to go after him. I think he is one of those guys who needed a change of scenery and Jacksonville should do it. I just think you over spent on him but the cap room is there so its not that big of a deal. The receivers of last year really came on late in the season so it looks good for you guys in the near future.

Just my two cents...