Jaguars Could Target Cowboys Defensive Coordinator Rob Ryan

Discussion in 'Jacksonville Jaguars' started by SRW, Nov 29, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Jaguars' replacement could come from the Cowboys' coaching staff, according to a report by ESPN's John Clayton. "The Jaguars also need someone who can sell tickets," Clayton wrote. "Dallas Cowboys assistant coach Rob Ryan could be near the top of the list. The Jaguars could be persuaded that Ryan can do what his twin, Rex, did with the New York Jets: establish a tough defensive mentality and create an environment in which players believe they are winners. The Jags have a good defense and run the ball well with Maurice Jones-Drew. Ryan would need to find the right coordinator to develop Blaine Gabbert and the offense." Along with his ability to sell tickets, Clayton also cited Ryan's ability to motivate players and "establish an intensity that's been missing" with the Jaguars as reasons that make Ryan an intriguing candidate.

Source: Dallas Morning News

2. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Don't do it, it will kill your career when you go 1 and 15

3. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

I know him leaving to be a HC somewhere is inevitable, but I hope he at least stays with us for another year or two.

4. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

sounds like a real reach for a story

could
    could
    could

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, this is definitely looking like a minor league, stepping stone head coaching gig. hopefully they can bring someone in who will help fix the dysfunction in the front office in addition to improving the play on the field.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

The rumors will fly, every possible name out there sill be attached tonthe job until the job is filled...:icon_rolleyes:

7. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I dread the day this guy becomes a head coach. The last thing we need is 2 Ryan's as head coaches. I'll probably kill myself when they play each other just so I don't have to go through the constant media coverage and bickering back and forth.

8. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

He won't get it and if he does then he probably suck like his brother

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

ANYONE will suck as head coach in Jacksonville in my opinion. Is there a craptier spot to be head coach right now in the NFL ?

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Not if they do it the right way and get the proper guy in place. They need to get to the new owner, get his head straight and win some of the fan base back. Doesn't have to be a big name coach...just the right guy...

11. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

hasnt the new owner been named already?