Jaguars Trade WR Dennis Northcutt To The Lions

Discussion in 'Jacksonville Jaguars' started by MediaGuy, Jun 26, 2009.

1. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

The Jacksonville Jaguars have traded wide receiver Dennis Northcutt to the Detroit Lions in exchange for safety Gerald Alexander, according to multiple sources. The Lions showed interest but didn't want to give up a draft choice. Once they talked to the Jaguars, the Lions decided to offer Alexander in a straight player-for-player deal.

Source: ESPN.com

2. Puggs

Puggs Special Teamer

The Lions have been speaking very high about the kid Louis Delmas so this makes sense.....might as well get someone for him before they cut him........Now Northcutt??? At least he has experience in the League

3. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

but they could have just signed northcutt when the jags released him.

4. Puggs

Puggs Special Teamer

all in all it's nothing for nothing......

5. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Alexander has some upside, I like the kid, and I like what the Jags are doing with their team. Aside from the Quarterback position.

6. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

yeah garrard sucks. I think this could be a nice pick up for Detroit, you get a veteran WR to help out a young rookie QB.

7. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

If you get a shot on Northcutt early, he won't catch a thing for the rest of the game. At least that's how he was in Cleveland.

8. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

An 81.7 QB rating behind a horrid O-line with no receivers and a down year by your running backs is terrible?

There are a lot of things to blame in Jacksonville, Garrard isn't one of them.

I'm a firm believer that Garrard's 2007 wasn't a fluke

9. America's Team

America's Team Starter

Yea that - The issue isn't Garrard, its what happens if Garrard goes down. He is primed for a decent season this year. The Jags should be looking at a winning season. Not playoffs though, maybe next year, probably the year after for that.

10. theeraser21

theeraser21 u r a slapdick

The trade has its ups and downs for Jacksonville. The up is Sean Considine won't start at strong safety. The down is alexander is injured. The Jaguars have awful depth at receiver, but I read that Jacksonville will get a new veteran receiver (Drew Bennett???) before training camp starts.

11. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

I do not know if I need to eat crow on this or not, I said they would not be able to get a late round pick for him. So what do you think Alex rates out as?