Jay Cutler, Alex Smith - Who Is Better?!?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by misfitz, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

No, Aaron Rodgers was the best option and it wasn't close. Freaking drunkass Scotty Mac and idiot Nolan loved the fact that Alex would do whatever they said without question and disregarded the fact that Rodgers was clearly more skilled and polished as a quarterback prospect.

2. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

yea but rogers would have sucked. we had no good weps alex rookie year:icon_rolleyes:

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

He would have still done alot better then alex smith. Aaron rodgers and alex smith should next be in the same sentence together.

4. bossco

bossco Rookie

The packers changed Rodgers mechanic's from his feet to his throwing motion. Rodgers landed in a perfect situation. He was able to sit learn and watch wile a all time great qb led the to deep into the playoffs. There's a reason why Rodgers was not drafted in the top 15.

9ers n lakers on my razr maxx(tapralk)

5. bossco

bossco Rookie

Actually i believe nolan and the gm drafted pretty decent talent. Gore, Willis, staley, Iupati, davis. I can keep going. I agree with you 100% on the play calling but not on drafting. And keep in mind nolan lost 2 oc to other teams. And coach sing brought a corpse out of retirement to become his oc.

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Yeah, but no. Smith has had success when he has a power running game and a top 3 defense. If he was that good he would have slightly more success than looking like a complete and total bust until last season. But you are a person who calls him elite which compared to other QBs is a complete joke so trying to prove anything to you is a useless exercise.

7. bossco

bossco Rookie

He is not elite. A good qb yes, elite no.?

8. bossco

bossco Rookie

Sorry fat fingered a ? Mark

9. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

He is good at what he is asked to do, which is protect the ball. But when the game is on the line there are many QBs I would take over smith.

10. bossco

bossco Rookie

He had 6 come from behind wins last year.

11. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

See this is what I think most people dont understand about Smith is that he is at his best when the game is on the line. He has many GW/4th quarter comebacks.

Also I am not saying Alex is a top 5 qb probably closer to 10 but I do not think that Cutler is a very good qb and he is not in my top 10. Do I think Jay has really good talent and at times better then Smith, yes. However he makes to many bonehead plays and costs his team games and is either hot or cold and his bad is really bad. Alex has had bigger moments then Jay as well. So right now I give Alex the edge.

12. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

How many of those were because of frank gore though?? dont remember them all so im asking not saying it definitly was gore

13. MadMoxxiFavGun

top ten = elite

14. misfitz

He threw 2 tds when they were down by 20 points in Philly.
    He threw the game winning TD against Detroit.(Running Backs had 5 carrys for 25 yards)(Alex was 2/3 for 10 yards and the TD)
    He was the reason they beat the Saints in the playoffs
    He threw the go ahead TD to Vernon in the 4th quarter of the Giants game(later Kendall Hunter sealed the deal)
    In Cincinatti on the GW drive Alex was 5/6 for 48 yards Gore had 2 carrys for 4 yards and Hunter had 3 carrys for 20 yards and got the 7 yard TD.
    In Seattle on the GW FG drive Alex was 1/1 for 41 yards the running backs had 4 carrys for 9 yards.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  15. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I absolutely disagree. That means 1/3 of the starting QB's are elite. By definition that can't be true. Top 3-5 is elite.

16. misfitz

Top 5 is elite 6-10 is above average 11-20 average 21-32 below average.

17. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

Cutler is garbage. He is reckless with the ball and cry's like a snitch when things go bad. I still don't think Smith will ever be great, but he is a great fit in the offense he's in now.

18. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

alex smith? i thought colin kaepernick was the next steve young in waiting.........................

19. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

He pretty much did whatever he wanted to the Packers in Lambeau.

20. MadMoxxiFavGun

if top 5 is elite only then eli manning is not elite:icon_evil: