Jay Cutler, Alex Smith - Who Is Better?!?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by misfitz, Sep 14, 2012.

1. bossco

bossco Rookie

Eli is elite

9ers n lakers on my razr maxx(tapralk)

2. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

collin kappernick?

3. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

Smith

4. WC Jerome

WC Jerome The poster formerly known as 'MK'!!

Does he act like an butt sometimes? Yeah! Did he have a bad game Thursday night? Pretty much!! Would Alex Smith have had the same kind of game with that kind of protection?! Are you kidding me?!?! OF COURSE!! That may be thee worst offensive line in the NFL, with thee worst left tackle that I have ever seen!!! :eek:a02:

5. bossco

bossco Rookie

He's a good qb. But man he always acts like a butt. He did up here in Denver and now in Chicago he has done the same thing. Just look up his Denver tape's denver vs san diego he was snitching about rivers cheering to much when cutler was picked off or sacked. He cries that's what the guy is known for.

6. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

Alex Smith was sacked 4 times the previous week and he didnt collapse. In fact on Alex's first pass of the game he was sacked. Our oline wasnt that great in pass protection for most of the game. 4 sacks may not be as many as 7 but its still pretty bad. Stop hiding behind this facade that it was because of the O-line Alex got sacked plenty of times but still had a fantastic game against the same team that Cutler had a terrible game against. Cutler is reckless with the ball and sometimes it is good for him and other times its terrible. He is so hot and cold.

7. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

alex smith will win mvp this year dont bother watching the other 16 weeks of football

8. misfitz

Nobody is saying he is an MVP this discussion was about whether or not he is better then Jay Cutler. Are you still mad he dissected your packers defense?

9. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

rodgers, brady, payton, brees, and big ben > eli

10. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

There is absolutely no way in hell that Ben Roethlisberger is a better Quarterback than Eli at this moment in time. I'd probably put Eli ahead of Peyton at this moment in time too (until he has a nice run of games and proves the neck ain't a problem). Whether or not you like Eli, in this moment in time he's elite.

Back on topic, Alex Smith being elite is a hilarious and entirely fabricated version of reality. Like Sweets said, put Cutler in that team and you have yourself another QB you can put with Montana and Young. At this rate, if the Niners do win a Superbowl™©® with Smith at the helm, he'll be put with Dilfer and Brad Johnson in the exclusive of cack QB's carried to a ring.

11. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

dont ever put jay cutler in the same sentence as joe montana or steve young. that dude is a freaking turnover machine and if he was put on the niners, he would fail miserably. he has the physicality to be an amazing quarterback but he needs the mental part. i dont think he will ever have it.

stevie wonder could see the huge jump alex smith took from last year to this year. if he was that garbage, hell u even he was travaris jackson bad, he would have been replaced by colin kaepernick "talk about being a baller in pre season" this year. alex also has a question for u. Who's got it better than us?

12. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Actually we are in the regular session. So big Ben is better than Eli. And tom coughlin needs to be fired. Until they accidentally butt heck their way into the playoffs and win the super bowl. Then they are hall of famers again.

But nvm. Continue on topic.

13. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i need to clarify something real quick ........... Tarkus and I were having a discussion about Jay Cutler in some other Bear thread and that convo was merged into this thread ............... just so there's no confusion, i am not endorsing alex smith as a superior QB over Cutler. We were just having a convo about Cutler specifically.

Carry on and have a nice day.

14. misfitz

2012 Season
    Jay Cutler 1-1
    32-62 459 yards 3 TDs 5 INT 51% completion rating 29.2 QBR(ESPN) 58.5 Rating(NFL)Long of 42, Sacked 9 times(Defense has given up ~22 points a game 677 yards and got 7 Turnovers)
    Alex Smith 2-0
    40-57 437 yards 4 TDs 0 INT 70.2% completion rating 81.9 QBR(ESPN) 115.9 Rating(NFL and highest in league of all quarterbacks with 2 games played)Long of 29, Sacked 6 times(Defense has given up ~21 points per game 620 yards and got 2 Turnovers)

Is it really that hard to see that Alex right now is the better quarterback?

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Its not hard to see that he is on the better team.

16. misfitz

Its not like Cutler is playing with a bunch of garbage players he is playing with a pretty good defense and his recievers are pretty good with a good running back. He has an iffy Oline but Alex has been sacked quite a bit as well. However the discrepancy between Alexs and Jays stats are very large and Alex is reading and dissecting defenses. Alex is playing smarter and making better decisions then Jay and RIGHT NOW he is the better QB.

17. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

OMFG I agree with Walnuts...kill me!!!! But, he's correct IMO, if Cutler was on the 49ers team and Smith on the Bears....you all would be dissing the heck out of Smith right now instead of the other way around.

18. misfitz

Take Montana away from Bill Walsh and put him on the Bucs of the 80s and see if he is still considered the greatest of all time. Steve Young wasnt worth 2 craps in TB before he got traded to SF and rode the bench and learned from Montana and Walsh.

Do you really Tom Brady would be Tom Brady under Singletary or is it because Belichik is a hell of a coach.

Coaching matters and Alex is finally getting great coaching and he is thriving. Did you see the first td of the game. Alex read the defense and killed the play added motion and hit Vernon for a 21 yard TD. Thats not a game manager.

I think people are so used to Alex messing up from before that they just cannot give him any credit or see the progress he has made. Would Cutler be better if they were in the same offense, I don't know he has always been a huge INT machine and that's not what Harbaugh's offense is about. However would Jay Cutler be able to go through 6 coordinators in 6 years two shoulder surgeries.

Alex has been through hell here and he is finally turned the corner and he is a big part of us winning. However there are always going to be people that refuse to believe it.

19. bossco

bossco Rookie

Attitude towards your team and coaches has a lot to do with it. People got tyred of cutler's act in denver and now in chicago. 9er fans just wanted a change from alex smith. They blamed him for not making the playoffs year after year. Now people are starting to come around. I would rather have alex smith and his 34-34 record any day over Cutler who is 43-39 with more crying. Face it cutler is a snitch.

20. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I blamed Smith because for 5 years he did suck and his mechanics sucked to high heaven, working with Harbaugh and his team has helped immensely but I'm sure if he left for another team with a bad o-line and crapty defense he'd be the same ole Alex Smith....Harbaugh is the BEST thing that happened to us in years....

Misfitz, the bears defense is old and hecked up...I wouldn't want em but you can have them.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012