Jeremiah Trotter released by Eagles

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by PSID412USM, Aug 21, 2007.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

He's decent against the run if they come his way. You probably won't find him running left or right and attacking the ball carrier much though. Look at how awful he was in the playoffs against your Saints. He pretty much stated himself that he thought he cost the Eagles the game by not being able to stop the run.

I thought when he came into camp this year in good shape that he had gone back to the Trot of old. Instead he was the Trot of OLD. He physically can't do it any longer.

2. nixaler

nixaler Pro Bowler

He was practicing with the Bucs on Thursday and Friday this week

3. Tiburon41

Tiburon41 Starter

The problem is that while Trotter is very good against the run, that fact makes him a 1 1/2 down LB. It would make him a very expensive part-time player, especially one with a significant liability to be concerned about.

It's also true that his knees are shot. I think he could sign someplace else, but it would be someplace that would not put credence in a physical. IMHO, he would not pass an NFL physical. If he does catch on elsewhere, it's for a minimum contract, possibly with weekly roster bonuses. It's a shame that the end is coming this way for Trot, but it's unfortunately the way the business is run today.

4. DawkinsINT

I don't think he's even good against the run any longer. He can't move laterally like he used to.

5. Tiburon41

Tiburon41 Starter

Correct, Dawk. He's serviceable against the run, and that is being generous. However, IMHO, Trotter will be missed in the locker room far more than he will be missed on the field.

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

while trotter may be done gathier and gocong looked like crap last night. i know it was only pre-season but this was game three which is as close to the regular season as you get.

7. DawkinsINT

Agreed. I wonder what the Taters are up to. :lol:

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

i have a feeling it's going to be a repeat of last season. :bad:

9. DawkinsINT

Part of me is afraid of that, but I'll wait until we see the defense with the JJ wrinkles involved.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

we'll see bro.

11. Tiburon41

Tiburon41 Starter

The *team* looked off last night. Again, I haven't really watched the film yet (maybe tonight), but from what I saw, I was not impressed with the secondary, or for that matter, the performance of the defensive line.

I'll try and post some observations after I watch the game fully.

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

can't rip the secondary too much considering roth had all day to pass but considine sucks. i'm sorry but he is not going to get any better. the d-line did an ok job but the lb's were not covering their gaps.

13. DawkinsINT

How many freaking tackles were missed last night? Uggh. It's basic fundamentals that were missing.