Jerry Jones, Cowboys Extend Offer To RB DeMarco Murray

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by 86WARD, Jan 13, 2015.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

But I thought they were going to let him walk and sign Adrian Peterson?

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Bye-bye, DeMarco.

Honestly, I'd let him walk. He was overworked this year and it's very unlikely he'll have another season like that. Remember this was the first time he started all 16 games in a season. Also, there's the precedent of RBs getting huge deals and starting aging in dog years. Marion Barber comes to mind. He got...what? $40 million? He was never the same, and got out of the league within two years.

You can always find good RBs in the middle to late rounds in the draft. And we have the OL in place. We should be fine.

4. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I still Dallas needs an elite back. Our OL can get Randle to 1000 yards, but Randle isnt gonna consistently take games over. Dominating on the ground is very important to this offense. Unfortunately given his workload this year, Murray will be a 3.2 yards per carry guy by 2016.

I wouldn't be shocked if they take Gordon or Gurley at 27

Omen likes this.
  5. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I'm worried about Dunbar, Randle, and Williams being able to handle Murray's carries and also their abilities in pass protection.

BTW, Williams was given a two-year extension yesterday.

6. ragman

I don't know about a RB at 27. Maybe the second round. Maybe a pass rusher in Round 1?

7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

4 years for $16 million sounds reasonable to keep the guy around but he may get more elsewhere

8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

need to get a decent qb to back up romo cause brandon weeden ain't gonna cut it.

9. Jihad Joe

Would be optimal but you go by your board. If you have a HB you have rated 15th overall there and a DE you have rated 50, you take the HB

Omen likes this.
  10. Jihad Joe

I want to see them take a look at Garrett Grayson in the 2nd or 3rd

11. ragman

I think they need a pass rusher in the first round more.

12. Jihad Joe

They needed a pass rusher in the first round more then anything last year too. We took an OG. He wound being a first team All Pro and a huge reason we won 12 games

Omen likes this.
  13. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

No but you need to draft a pass rusher in the first round.

14. Jihad Joe

Has hell frozen over and you are agreeing with Eyore?

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

But you need to draft a pass rusher in the first round, you see.

16. ragman

Not having another pass rusher didn't help the Cowboys when Rodgers was slicing and dicing the Cowboys in the second half last Sunday.

17. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Right so whatever pass rusher is available, you must draft him in the first round.

18. Jihad Joe

So you because of that, you take a pass rusher ranked 60th overall over a HB ranked 15th overall.

19. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

You're gotdang right you do. You need to draft a passrusher in the first.

20. Jihad Joe

But what if group-think changes and Eyore doesn't want a pass rusher anymore