Jim Irsay Says Extending Peyton Manning's Contract Is A Given

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by Sweets, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Peyton Manning has started every Colts game since he was drafted in 1998 and Colts owner Jim Irsay said he intends to extend that streak indefinitely with a big-money contract extension this offseason. Irsay told CBSSports.com that he envisions working out a deal with Manning, whose current contract expires after the 2010 season, that could make the QB the highest-paid player in the game. "We'll be dealing with that undoubtedly in the offseason and it's something to me that's a given. It's something that is going to get done. With him it's such a unique situation: It always comes down to working it through when the time is right. He's going to be part of us for his whole career, and I'd say at some point in the offseason we'll start talking. "I'd like to. The key thing is you don't have to; the key thing is we would both like to. He would, and we would. That's the nature of things in terms of always trying to get it done sooner rather than later," said Irsay.

Source: USAToday

2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Damn, his big butt contract is already expiring? Time flies.

3. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

He's one of those special players where I'm not sure it's realistically possible to overpay him - he's is gonna get PAID.

4. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

could only imagine what figures they would come up with this time. what will that do 2 the top 5 and franchise tag guys after.

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, time flies when you're breaking multiple nfl records ....................... :icon_cheesygrin:

6. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

I don' think they should resign him, he should explore another division besides the AFC south. :devil-naughty:

7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

hahaha. very good.