Jimmy Clausen Most Affected By McNabb-To-Redskins Trade?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by BigBlueBruiser, Apr 5, 2010.

1. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

Or how about being hit to crap for 2 years but still playing in every game and standing in and taking the hits, while his defense gives up 35 a game...and not getting props until his junior year.

I guess Sammys leadership shone through when he was not being hit, throwing to Wrs who are stood still..

atleast he takes a hit well

oh wait

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

did jimmy clausen heck your mom and never call her back?

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

how do you not see the bradford/alex smith comparison? i hope the hecker is a ram so alex smith and him can duel for the master of mediocrity quarterbacking skills with first overall background twice a year.

same size
    same arm strength
    same shoulder problem
    same spread offense
    same "amazing scripted pro day"

they are clones seperated by 5 years, its uncanny...you would think teams would learn from picks like alex smith and david carr

3. Nukleopatra

Nukleopatra International Thing.

If he had done that, he'd be rated in my top 15.

4. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

I would love Clausen at 6. I'd be happy if we traded 6 and 14 to go up to #1 and get him.

5. Nukleopatra

lol..........

You have no worries, buddy - Jimmy Clausen will be there at #6.

6. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

I know. I was just saying that would be fine if it was required to happen. #6 and #14 for a potential franchise QB is good value.

7. Nukleopatra

Seattle could probably get even more value, if they traded down about a few spots, got a couple extra picks - Jimmy Clausen will still be there. Unless Buffalo is dumb enough to pull the trigger, which they probably are. I have Jimmy falling to #17, where the 49ers put him out of his misery.

I'll still be a bit shocked if he falls to 17, even though he isn't worth anything higher. The league is QB happy, so some team will grab him earlier than what they should.. Jacksonville would be a nice place to go, he wouldn't have to worry about losing his bad toe to frostbite.

Draft day will be interesting, to say the least.

8. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

On talent, potential and positional value, Jimmy Clausen goes first overall. I don't know what's gone wrong for him. There's nothing to knock him on.

9. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

Your making me hope more and more that this whole Bradford crap is a smokescreen and Clausen goes 1st..before i did it because i wanted the rams to be good..now its just to piss you off

10. Nukleopatra

To piss me off, all you'd have to do is find a legit source telling me that the Rams even considered Jimmy Clausen at #1. I had a hard enough time finding a place for the guy in round 1. If I was a GM looking for a quarterback, Jimmy Clausen would have to fall to round 2 before I conidered taking him. He ranks right up there with guys like Rex Grossman, Josh Freeman and Kyle Boller, as quarterbacks that I didn't have as first rounders.

My problem isn't whether or not the Rams take Jimmy Clausen, because it was never going to happen... It's the fact that about five people seem to think he should be. There isn't a team in the NFL, who passes on Sam Bradford for Jimmy Clausen. In order for Jimmy Clausen to surpass Sam Bradford on any draft board, he'd have to throw a football so hard, and accurate, that it ricochets off a cheerleaders big toe, bounces off her chin, lands in the hands of the WR, while a gold nugget shoots from Clausen's butthole.

As a division rival - my fingers are crossed that Clausen ends up in Seattle.

11. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

Nukleopatra, I have to ask....
    WTF is that thing in your avatar?

12. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

if you put clausen with grossman, boller, and freeman....idk how you cant put bradford in alex smith catergory