Josh Hamilton Has Another Relapse

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Dragonite, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Now I've seen BitB make a fool of himself many times before, but this is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever seen anyone say on a sports forum in history.

3 years ago when he drank he ended up passed out in a ditch nearly dead, and you're going to justify his drinking? Really? Please...get a clue. I'm a huge Hamilton fan, but this needs to stop, he needs better people around him Smeagle is right. His relapses always happen during the offseason, seems he needs to be preoccupied to stay clean, maybe he should look into a summer baseball program mentoring kids or something so he is busy and doesn't drink. My personal opinion.

2. Dragonite

One more thing, BitB there is a huge difference between going to a bar once in a while and drinking a couple beers, and what Hamilton does when he drinks. Get a clue, don't post stupidity on this site. At least read some history of the situation before posting.

We don't need your posts about how great alcohol is in every god **mn thread, especially this one. Get a freaking clue.

3. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

4. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

5. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Ball you have made your most ignorant and idiotic posts in this thread that I have ever seen you make, and that is saying a lot. When you are an actual addict it is a problem, you literally can not do it unless you have control over the situation, if he went out and had a beer or two just to get a slight buzz on every once in a while then there he has control over it. If he goes out and gets shlammered so badly that he is going to pass out because of it then he obviously doesn't have control over the situation. Now there are alcoholics who recover from it and then can go out and have a few drinks here and there but never drink to excess, there are also quite a few alcoholics who I have met and have recovered and do not drink anymore and do not think that they will ever drink again because they don't want to risk falling into that vicious cycle that they were in once before.

I tried to dumb this statement down enough to reach your double digit IQ, you know nothing about addictions and your two idiotic ignorant posts in this thread prove that. Don't talk about addictions because you don't know about them because you are still in the denial phase of being an alcoholic.

6. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Keep your head up Josh and good luck ! You can do this.

7. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

A) I would really like to meet the butthole who broke this story and put a pike through his throat.
    B) If you want to bash BITB, you know where to take it. Ignorant or not, there's a place for it.
    C) It's a damn shame either way. He relapsed before and was just fine afterwards. Let's hope this is the same.

8. Dragonite

A. I dont understand this statement...

9. markaz

Duke meant to say "spike" instead of pike. Although shoving a Northern Pike through someone's throat would be interesting.

I think what Duke is saying is 'why did the story have to break at all'? And it's a good point (if that's what he meant). In the ideal world alcoholism is a personal issue and not meant for public scrutiny.

10. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

If a superstar of a billion dollar league with a history of drug and alcohol abuse was seen drinking at a bar, it's news, sorry. You ink those contracts, you lose some privacy, that's nothing new at all.

11. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

[​IMG]
    This is a pike.

And c0ntract aside and such, this man has been through a TON and this didn't need to come out. I don't care if he is a superstar. The dude beat addiction, watched a father fall to his death in front of his child and has seen all kinds of other hecked up crap. He was out with Ian Kinsler and I blame that tart for allowing him to even have a sip of a beer. Either way the man who broke this should still get a PIKE through his gizzard.

12. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

It doesnt affect the sentiment but a pike is a spear, the axe head on what you pictured makes it more of a halberd fwiw.

13. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

He wasn't out with Kinsler. Hamilton was alone. He called Kinsler and told him to come get him. Hamilton didn't drink in front of him. Kinsler took Hamilton home. Kinsler asked Hamilton if he was OK. Hamilton said he was good. Kinsler asked Hamilton if he was going to go back to the place they had come from. Hamilton told Ian no, but he lied to Ian. He went back.

That's the way I understood it.

14. Dragonite

I think its good this came out, it forces Hamilton to address the issue which in turn forces him to acknowledge his mistake.

15. markaz

Learned something new

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah, let's harp on the reporter for, umm, reporting.

not reporting this would be enabling. plain and simple.

17. Dragonite

Precisely, hes in the public eye, he knows reporters follow him everywhere, thats what makes this even more upsetting, he did this when he KNEW it would be thrown out there for the world to see and it would be headlining news.

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

addicts need to be under a microscope.

19. Dragonite

I agree completely I know it would have helped people in my family if they were more closely followed.

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

don't get me wrong i hear what duke is saying and there's little debate that the media goes overboard all to many times but being a former addict myself and dealing with a few friends that had issues after myself this did more good then harm in this case.