Kansas City VS Atlanta

Discussion in 'NFL Gameday' started by dublin mike, Aug 13, 2010.

1. dublin mike

dublin mike Unfortunate Georgia Sports Fan

CHIEFS

AT

FALCONS

Friday, August 13, 8:00 PM EST
    The Georgia Dome

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Falcons offense looking meh tonight. First 2 series got into Chiefs territory, only to shoot themselves in the foot w/dropped passes and penalties.

2. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

Chiefs run defense = bad, Chiefs offensive line looks bad too. Jamal Charles looked like his old self and McCluster has looked good running the ball.

3. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

Eh, they got it together on the 2nd drive. The Falcons O-line isn't bad either. The offense really picked it up when Charles got out there. I have no clue why Jones is starting.

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Haley and his mind games.

5. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

I'm already tired of all the negativity and Chiefs fans who are calling the entire season a loss already...it was ONE preseason game!!!! What I saw was an improved O-line and a better defense...yes, they still have some work to do...yes, they need to get even better....but I think we're gonna be fine. So stop being such ninny's and think positive!!!! :icon_cool: And you gotta admit, Arenas was impressive....if not for that penalty, we'd have had another touchdown, and if not for Succop's missed f/g's...we could've won this game....so look at the bright side, there is HOPE!! :icon_cheesygrin:

6. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

Agreed, there was a whole lot of overreacting from everyone I came in contact with. Everyone looked too much into the results of the first drives for the offense and defense. Look beyond those and you'd see that we held our own against a solid Falcon team.

1 person likes this.
  7. horrible play calling by Haley. I lost count of how many times he ran screens.

8. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

I'm by no means writing the season off, but when the first teams are in there that's what we should be concerned about. There is a lot to be concerned about based on what I saw. I still think we will be better but I'm not sure we'll be as good as I'd hoped they would.

Yes the offense started to look better when Charles came in. My problem is Cassel never threw the ball more than 3 yards downfield.

The defense got absolutely torched when Michael Turner was in there for the first series. How can that not be concerning?

9. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

1 preseason game and we are already getn whines and complaints :tsk:

we not going 2 be world beaters strait out of camp. besides the Falcons have had their system in place 4 afew years now.

ours is still forming.

1 person likes this.
  10. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

I don't take the preseason games seriously...it's more about evaluating to make improvements. Would I like to win? Of course...everytime the guys get out there to play, I want them to win. I'm not 'concerned' so much right now cause they can see where the problem areas are and get them fixed before regular season starts!

You have to admit, Arenas was impressive, as was Jamaal Charles....and I saw some other players who made good plays, and I think they're just going to get better as the season rolls along!!

Oh by the way, I'm an eternal optimist when it comes to the Chiefs, so take it for what it's worth. :icon_cheesygrin:

11. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

I love the optimism...I have a lot of it too, that's why I was disappointed with the first quarter. Arenas looks great on kick returns...amazing start to what I hope is a long career.

1 person likes this.