Kevin Kolb Likes To Hunt

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by mike oxlong, Jul 21, 2010.

1. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

^ your too smart to be a Vagiant fan

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Injured or not, the Eagles made the playoffs. It had very little to do whether McNabb played a full-season or not. The team was solid. McNabb played 5 full-seasons (injury free.) Eagles made the playoffs in 9 of 11.

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

one of the biggest reasons we made the playoffs every year was jim johnson and the defense. that and the undenialbe fact that the nfc and nfc east in particular was weak as crap.

that said mcnabb did play a very big role in the team's success. only haters will say differently and eventhough i thought it was time for him to go i will always be a fan.

bottom line is this is kolb's time and when i hear guys like greg cosell, brian baldinger, jaws and ray didinger all say this kid has the skillset better suited for this offense and how most of the players they talk to agree with the change i have to believe that they know something none of us know.

i really do think this team will be ok offensively, the defense is going to determine where this team goes though.

4. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Rep. Good post.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

For those I haven't made it abundantly clear to...

I freaking <3 Kevin Kolb

Somehow this gets lost on just about everyone.

5 is/was a good quarterback. He has his faults obviously, but heading in to every game you knew you had a decent chance of getting a win.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

absolutely and i hope one day that mcnabb gets the credit from everyone in this fanbase. he deserves it. i still have my 5 jersey that i bought as they were put on the racks at modells as well as all the mcnabb bobble heads and other stuff and it's not going anywhere.

all that said i do hope he fails miserably in washington.

6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I give McNabb way more crap than I should. I drown memories of him in the negatives when he did bring a lot to this team.

Ah well. Screw him and the Redskins. :icon_cheesygrin:

7. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

And all I ever try and do is balance you and other's negativity towards the man out. Shame we can't all be more like DawkINT : D

Of course this message board would be alot more boring then ; )

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that wormburning, 'my bad my bad', throw-it-behind-you-five-yards knucklehead choke artist is outta here... but he was good for a deep bomb every now and then.

:icon_cheesygrin:

9. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Just when I thought a hallmark moment in eagle land was coming. Your hillbilly man crush better hope he can be half as successful or he will live in infamy for eternity as the teams biggest mistake.

10. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Half as successful?

What's half of 0 SuperBowl wins?

Simple fact is that he could put up half the stats McNabb does, but if the team wins the big dance during his tenure he'll have a statue put up of him.

As smeags said earlier, too many people forget that 5 (and the Eagles in general) had a few things really going their way in McNabb's prime.

I'm not going to make any excuses for him. If five years pass and we aren't a contender or haven't made it to one or two NFCCGs, I might be calling for this dude's head, too.

But I haven't seen a single thing I don't like about him yet.

11. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

You should just watch 1 game a year since that's all that matters to you....your spoiled after over a decade of being a contender you don't realize hw much more NOT being a contender sucks

12. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

True and true. :icon_cool::icon_sad:

Hopefully Kolb does some fine hunting on the field next season. I love his attitude.

13. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I am spoiled. I have big expectations for my team. I'm not satisfied with a freaking playoff appearance. I'm not satisfied with anything less than a Super Bowl.

What kind of fan would be happy with coming up short every year? Seems like you need to change your perspective if you are okay with being the 2nd-12th best team in the league.

14. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

It's not about being satisfied with being 2nd-12th. It's about not being a panicky pete and getting rid of great players just for something new.
    You see getting rid of 5 as a step in the right direction. I think your wrong. I hope I am wrong. Time will tell.

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

the eagles didn't get rid of mcnabb just for something new. that comment is beyond silly.

mcnabb is gone. it's kolb's time. either climb aboard and take the ride or sit there and stare at your mcnabb bighead while clinging to a pillow wishing for yesterday.

16. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I will do both thank you very much

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

well then, you're starting to come around. i'll have a nice frosty one waiting for you on the bandwagon.

18. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

meaning you're a fence rider that will cheer if Kolb succeeds and spout that you were right if he doesn't. take a stand now and stick to it fencerider.

19. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

In a word....duh!!!!! I promise you this... If we are all sharing beers as the parade goes by us down Broad street I will still say that off the field he's a dumb redneck and has 1/1000th the personality of Super 5. But if that day never comes and he fails to break most of if not all of McNabb's records you are god **mn right I will spout off that I was right.

20. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

I bleed Green and my loyalty lies with the Eagles and not a guy who gave up trying to win the big one at least a year ago if not more. I loved Donavon for the things he did and accomplished while he was here. He's not anymore and I wouldn't be sad if he failed miserably. I would in fact cheer it.