Kobe Bryant overrated

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by SportsChump, Mar 23, 2023.

1. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

DawkinsINT likes this.
  2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Kobe is a tough one for me because I used to think he was just carried by Shaq, Phil Jackson and that Lakers team from the early 2000s...

Until he won without them.

He's somewhere between MJ and LeBron in the GOAT discussion. Not better than Jordan, but certainly better than LeBron.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Chump, your friend is nuts. I do think he is overrated by those who put him Top 5 all-time. I also disagree with TJ, I think LeBron was clearly better overall in the entirety of their careers.

TJ likes this.
  4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I just don't like LeBron. He started this whole super team, players running the league, holding teams hostage era that has all but killed any interest in me. Maybe I'm a little biased. I think he peaked in '15 with that amazin run with the Cavs and has been downhill from there.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I never liked either of them. Kobe always struck me as a phony.

TJ likes this.
  6. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

I'd go top fifteen. Regardless of whether he was the best or second best player on his team, he still was a driving force behind five titles.

As far as players currently in the game, I'd put LeBron and probably Steph Curry over him but that's about it.