Let Us Know Who Your Favorite NFL Team Is And Why!

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, Mar 26, 2005.

?

So who is your favorite NFL team?

1. Buffalo Bills

26.1%
  2. Miami Dolphins

1.9%
  3. New England Patriots

1.9%
  4. New York Jets

2.2%
  5. Baltimore Ravens

1.9%
  6. Cincinnatti Bengals

1.1%
  7. Cleveland Browns

1.1%
  8. Pittsburgh Steelers

4.9%
  9. Houston Texans

0.7%
  10. Indianapolis Colts

1.9%
  11. Jacksonville Jaguars

1.1%
  12. Tennessee Titans

1.1%
  13. Denver Broncos

1.9%
  14. Kansas City Chiefs

3.0%
  15. Oakland Raiders

3.7%
  16. San Diego Chargers

1.9%
  17. Dallas Cowboys

5.6%
  18. New York Giants

2.6%
  19. Philadelphia Eagles

3.7%
  20. Washington Redskins

4.1%
  21. Chicago Bears

3.7%
  22. Detroit Lions

2.2%
  23. Minnesota Vikings

1.9%
  24. Green Bay Packers

2.2%
  25. Atlanta Falcons

0.4%
  26. Carolina Panthers

1.1%
  27. New Orleans Saints

3.4%
  28. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

1.9%
  29. Arizona Cardinals

1.5%
  30. St.Louis Rams

2.6%
  31. San Francisco 49ers

6.3%
  32. Seattle Seahawks

0.4%
  1. Attitude471

Attitude471 Guest

Close, that would be Dylan. Room has Elway(his favorite player) alllll over it...Broncos sheets, comforter, body pillow, bean bag, etc...kid is nuts over them!
    Screw them!

2. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

easy now woman!

3. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Only 43 votes so far? Where are the rest of the people???

4. NinerFan325i

NinerFan325i Guest

Ah yes...running wild. When the 49ers won their NFC Wildcard Game against the Giants, I lost my train of thought, grabbed my 49er flag, and went running around my neighborhood in a giant victory lap. I then rounded around a bar and this Giants fan, looking really pissed was storming out. Bwahahaha. I don't think he appreciated a 49er fan running around waving a flag. Glory!

I'm aching to get back to seasons like 1994, when the 49ers were warriors not just a football team trying to win. That team could beat anybody and dictated everything. It's been 10 long years without a Super Bowl bro. Which is why this whole mushy, koombaya feeling that I experienced on the 49ers main site really ticked me off. The 49ers of the past 4-5 seasons have only been a shadow of what our franchise stands for. I'm hoping we can build something worthy to greatness, because I always believed that those 49ers of the 80s and beyond had the mentality and level of play that many other teams lacked. That we're better than you feeling that you see all great teams, including the Patriots of today, have.

5. Eaglesfan31

Eaglesfan31 Guest

I've been a dedicated Eagles fan since October 1968, when my father took me to my first game at Franklin Field. The Eagles were winless at the time and appeared on track to earn the first pick of the draft, which would be used for O.J. Simpson. They lost to the Bears that day, and kept on losing. Unfortunately, after their 0-11 start, they won 2 of their final 3 games, allowing the Bills to earn the top pick.

My dad bought me season tickets the next year, and I've been going to all their home games since then. And as I've gotten older, I've been able to find a way to get to a couple of road games a year.

Fly Eagles Fly!!

6. Colts Becuase they are the home town team

7. Re: TRUE SILVER AND BLUE DALLAS COWBOY FAN

Actually the Hail-mary game was in 1975 when Staubach hit Pearson, they went on and lost to the Steelers in Super Bowl X that season, but still a cool way to become a fan of any team

Gary

8. smurphy

smurphy Guest

exactly. where are the cockroaches. i seen at least a dozen of em and only 3 chime in. :x

9. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

:roll:

10. DBR96

DBR96 Guest

STEELERS.

I've been following them since roughly 1993.

HIGHLIGHTS:

- Steelers win the 1995 AFC Championship Game.

- Steelers draft Ben Roethlisberger.

- Steelers become the first 15-1 team in the AFC.

FUN GAMES:

- November 19, 1995 --- Steelers rally from a 31-13 deficit to beat the Bengals, 49-31.

- October 5, 1997 --- Steelers rally from a 21-0 halftime deficit to beat the Ravens, 35-24.

- September 12, 1999 --- Steelers welcome the Cleveland Browns back into the NFL by scoring more points (43) than they allowed in total yards (40).

- December 3, 2000 --- Steelers were heavy underdogs hosting the Raiders. Steelers won, 21-20.

- December 16, 2001 --- Steelers take control of the AFC Central, beating the Ravens, 26-21. Highlight play: Bobby Shaw catches a 90-yard frozen-rope TD pass to break the Ravens' backs.

- December 23, 2002 --- Steelers were heavy underdogs playing the Buccaneers on the road. Steelers won, 17-7.

- October 31, 2004 --- Steelers were heavy underdogs hosting the Patriots. Steelers won, 34-20.

LOWLIGHTS:

- Steelers lose the 1994, 1997, 2001 and 2004 AFC Championship Games.

- Kordell Stewart.

- The 1998, 1999 and 2003 seasons.

NOT-SO-FUN GAMES:

- November 26, 1998 --- Referee Phil Luckett hecks up the coin toss, giving the Lions the ball in overtime. Lions win, 19-16 (OT).

- December 13, 1998 --- Kordell Stewart cries on the sideline. Steelers lose, 16-3.

- November 4, 2001 --- Kris Brown misses four FGs against the Ravens. Steelers lose, 13-10.

- December 30, 2001 --- Steelers secondary allows 411 passing yards against the Bengals. Steelers lose, 26-23 (OT).

- September 9, 2002 --- Kordell Stewart gets a chance to put his 2001 post-season demons behind him. Instead, he flops. Steelers lose, 30-14.

- October 5, 2003 --- Browns WRs were seen catching passes with no Steelers in sight on TV. Steelers lose, 33-13.

- December 14, 2003 --- In a driving blizzard against a poor Jets run defense, offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey calls 38 pass plays. Steelers lose, 6-0.

11. mliedtke1983

mliedtke1983 Guest

When I was 8 years old, I started watching football. At first I was only a Raider fan because I liked the colors and the logo was badbutt. But then, I started to follow them and Ive been a fan ever since. Im now 17 and proud to be part of the Raidernation.

Win Lose Or Tie, Raider Fan Till I Die!

12. SnowBunny

SnowBunny Guest

GREEN BAY, ALL THE WAY!

Whats not to love about The Packers?

Seeing a guy like Favre play......being a part of one of the best fan bases in all of the league......knowing that this team is fan owned.......waiting 30+ years for season tickets :lol: .......sitting in The Frozen Thundra, on old fashioned bench seats with only 14 inches of personal butt room next to complete strangers, and caring less cause being that close to people is going to keep you warm........being able to deck out your truck in green and gold gear for our 3 hour drive to Lambeau, waving at other fans on the drive up there......painting our faces after dressing out in 4 layers of clothes to keep warm for the game......bratwurst........knowing that you're watching a field full of players walk on the same field that some of the greatest players and coaches in the history of the game were on.........it's all there.

13. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

As if you guys dont know already one ofmy earliest men=mories is of the Boys playing the redskins on thanksgiving and some of my family were going to for skins and some for the boys. This is where it all started

14. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

I've been a Falcons fan since I started getting into football in the early '90's. I've lived in Atlanta my entire life but I didn't really care about them until Deion came to town. He played for my favorite college team, FSU. I was only about 10 at the time but I thought he was cool because he was so Primetime! I had been to games before but I can't really remember them. I've seen Bartkowski and Riggs play.

I've stuck with the team through thick and thin, even the sorry butt Jerry Glanville years. Hopefully this year we can break that streak of not having a winning season in back-to-back years. That stat is hard to believe because they had some really good teams in the early '80's.

15. Bruiser

Bruiser Guest

Been a Cowboy fan since 72, was my very first Super Bowl. I remember watching Staubach's pass to Ditka and I have been Silver and Blue since.

I was six years old. My Mom was dating this middlewieght boxer and he was a big Cowboy fan. Both my brother and I are hardcore fans. Brother goes to Cowboy/Raider games in Oakland all Cowboy gear with his son now. He wears a Staubach jersey and his son wears Aikman. He gets taunted but my nephew has this loud screeching voice and can scream "Cowboys" that even gets the raiders fans laughing.

I wear Cowboy gear off season, before a game and after a game win or loose. I have my Cowboy shrine to Tom Landry, much like King of the Hill.

I hate football fans with no commitment, most patriot fans now a days were Rams, Tampa Bay, or Denver fans. If you've got no loyalty to a team go watch bowling.

We own the Redskins!!

16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Welcome, Bruiser!! Always good to see a fellow Cowboys fan :D

I Hadn't see this poll for a while...of course, the best team is leading 8)

17. Deb49er

Deb49er Guest

Hello, I am new here and couldn't vote but my favorite is the 49ers my first football game was a Raider game in 1977 went with a boyfriend at the time I found out I like football but I didn't like the Raider my brothers was long time Raider fans so one day I watched a 49er game and it was love at first site they were a bad team at the time it was something about the 49er that made you love them.

18. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Welcome Deb, make sure you ck the newbie section, lots of info there, and

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO NINERS

19. Deb49er

Deb49er Guest

Thanks for 411

20. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Only cause more cowboys fans voted..:roll:

Welcome Deb!! Guess there can never be enough Niner fans!! :lol: <steve...thought you were gonna set a limit??> :p