Let Us Know Who Your Favorite NFL Team Is And Why!

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, Mar 26, 2005.

?

So who is your favorite NFL team?

1. Buffalo Bills

26.1%
  2. Miami Dolphins

1.9%
  3. New England Patriots

1.9%
  4. New York Jets

2.2%
  5. Baltimore Ravens

1.9%
  6. Cincinnatti Bengals

1.1%
  7. Cleveland Browns

1.1%
  8. Pittsburgh Steelers

4.9%
  9. Houston Texans

0.7%
  10. Indianapolis Colts

1.9%
  11. Jacksonville Jaguars

1.1%
  12. Tennessee Titans

1.1%
  13. Denver Broncos

1.9%
  14. Kansas City Chiefs

3.0%
  15. Oakland Raiders

3.7%
  16. San Diego Chargers

1.9%
  17. Dallas Cowboys

5.6%
  18. New York Giants

2.6%
  19. Philadelphia Eagles

3.7%
  20. Washington Redskins

4.1%
  21. Chicago Bears

3.7%
  22. Detroit Lions

2.2%
  23. Minnesota Vikings

1.9%
  24. Green Bay Packers

2.2%
  25. Atlanta Falcons

0.4%
  26. Carolina Panthers

1.1%
  27. New Orleans Saints

3.4%
  28. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

1.9%
  29. Arizona Cardinals

1.5%
  30. St.Louis Rams

2.6%
  31. San Francisco 49ers

6.3%
  32. Seattle Seahawks

0.4%
  1. bluestar

bluestar Guest

Cowboys for me,the blue star on the helmet and everything. :cool:

2. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

good to see a cowboy fan

have fun

3. smurphy

smurphy Guest

i'm a cardinal fan because i like my football team like i like my snitches......confusing, illogical, and difficult to score with.

4. Bucs fan, weird story actually how i became one... well first off i was born in J-Ville, FL. I never used to watch football until one day in my class (i was in 10th grade at the time) back in 2002 season it was a monday and everyone was making bets. i was never in on these but the whole class was betting against tampa on the monday night game, so i wanted to go for the underdog and say they would beat st. louis. So with money on the line I watched my first game, and i was really getting into it. I was rooting for the bucs and I enjoyed the game, in fact still to this day one of the best games ive seen... and when i got to class i received my dues, and every sunday i watched the bucs and now i cant live w/out the nfl!

5. viking_guy

viking_guy Guest

i am a Vikings fan. i have been a fan since the days of the purple people eaters when i was in elementary school. man those were some good teams. they didn't have any luck when it mattered thogh, but that's ok. been a huge fan ever since. and growing up in Bloomington, where the team played ( and still should) i went to school with a bunch of the players' kids. that was pretty cool. now fast forward to today and i've got my 2-1/2 year old girls watching them and rooting too. when i turn on a game one or the other will scream out "football go vikings" or "Daunte rocks". it is pretty cool. the duante comment really drives my wife crazy, she doesn't like him too much.

6. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Your wife has great taste in QB's... :lol:

7. JagsAndDawgs

JagsAndDawgs Guest

Jaguar fan here, think i'm the only one on this board, been one since we started playing in 95, think its the constant underdog rep thats got me or maybe i just a team that can screw up a perfetly win-able (is that a word?) game in the 4 th quarter . i dunno

8. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

Jacksonville. Good and bad memories, mainly bad. :cry:

9. petebelongs

petebelongs Guest

I started watching football in the early 60's. I was an Eagles fan, 'cause Dad was an Eagle fan. This was back in the days of Tommy McDonald, Norm Snead and Tim Brown. As I continued to watch football, I became facinated with the one and only Jim Brown. He would carry two or three guys on his back for several yards before 5-6 brought him down. As the pile broke up, Jim Brown would get up from the ground very slowly and almost appear to limp back to the huddle. At the next snap of the ball, he was off again running with power and grace, knocking opponents over and carrying them on his back again. I was mesmerized, and a fan for life. When I played, I used what I considered the Jim Brown method by playing as hard as I could each play and use as little energy as possible between plays.
    By the mid sixties, I discovered defense. It was, after all, the eras of Ray Nitchke, twinky Butkus and the Fearsome Foursome. Watching Diron Talbert, Rosie Greer, Merlin Olsen and Deacon Jones made a Rams fan out of me until the early 70's when my interest in the Rams wained. I watched a lot of football, NFL & AFL, but didn't have a favorite team. I was watching the Jets and Raiders in the early 70's when NBC decided to switch to Heidi at 7PM, with just over a minute to go in the game and the Jets up by 11 points. There was no ESPN in those days, and I found out the next day of the great comeback by the Raiders.
    In the mid 70s, I happened to catch a college game and saw a kid run around end, looking all the while like he was going to be run down, when he kicked it into another gear and blew past everyone on the field! I was impressed, and followed this kid from Pitt out of his college days into the pros. When Tony Dorsett put on the helmet with the star, I became a Cowboys fan. At the end of his career, I became a fan of the Orange Crush for a year and went without a favorite team again for several years, til the late 80's.
    Then, one day I 'm watching a game of no particular interest, but I see a great linebacker corps. The Fab Four, they called them and Ricky Jackson, Vaughn Johnson, Sam Mills, and Pat Swilling turned me into a Saints fan. So, here I am today. I can't stand Benson, the owner! I'm quickly losing all faith in Haslett. I like to strangle Venturi, who I feel is totally mishandling the defense. And I'm completely perplexed as to why Stecker and Smith were immediatly getting more carries per game than Duece was when he was in the line-up? I want to wear my bag, but Homeland Security says I can't because there are terrorists in the world. Life's a snitch when you're a Saints fan!

10. burnout2oo7

How do you go from being an Eagle's fan to a Saint's fan? Well... I guess it aint much easier bleeding green. But still, who hops on the Saints bandwagon? C'mon

11. petebelongs

petebelongs Guest

The Eagles and the Saints are very similar!

Super Bowls Won
    Saints-0
    Eagles-0

Yup, very similar!

12. memith

memith Guest

Although I never followed football until just a few years ago I have always had a favorite team. I took the Bengals as my favorite team of any sport when I was seven or eight because I thought they had the coolest uniforms and for whatever reason I stuck with them even though everyone told me they were the worst team in the NFL.

I became a fan of the game at the beginning of the 2003 season and the thought of changing my favorite team from the Bengals never even crossed my mind and I've been a diehard fan ever since I started really following them.

By the way, I am a misplaced fan... I'm a Bengals fan from Florida, I don't even know anyone from Ohio.

13. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Welcome Memith and congrats on your teams wins this season. At least the Bengals have been to the SuperBowl something that some teams never see.

14. memith

memith Guest

Thanks, and hopefully the Bengals will get a second shot at the Colts and hold it together in the rematch to go to their third.

15. awesome... nice to know this site has a strong following of Cowboys fans.

16. lawsonsp

lawsonsp Starter

They're around.......all full of crap though......except for kassie

17. nixaler

nixaler Pro Bowler

damn you!! you just pushed dallas ahead of the 49ers :x :twisted: :x

18. burnout2oo7

No nix, it's ok. Really Dallas fans only count as 2/5 of a person because of their extreme stupidity. Niners fans still far ahead of those cowsnitch fans, but when we gona get some new Eagles fans?

19. lawsonsp

lawsonsp Starter

Next year if they win again. lol

20. nixaler

nixaler Pro Bowler

true enough... well i guess Roy and omen count for a whole person since they have personality :cool: