Lions DT Ndamukong Suh Impressive In OTAs

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions' started by Sweets, May 28, 2010.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

John Niyo of the Detroit News reports rookie Ndamukong Suh continues to impress in OTAs with the Lions, and that's not likely to change. He's running with the No. 1 unit in team drills for the most part -- at least he has been on the days the media has been allowed to watch. And coach Jim Schwartz chuckled Thursday when asked if he'd seen any improvement from Suh, the team's No. 2 overall draft pick, in the two weeks since he joined the veterans in offseason workouts. "No, he's doing well," Schwartz said. "I mean, he started off doing well. so there wasn't a whole lot of room for improvement. He's a pretty good player. So we just need to keep him on track and not worry about him improving so much." Suh is getting tutored daily by position coach Kris Kocurek and his veteran teammates on the defensive line, but often it's less about technique and more about the Lions' philosophy up front and Suh said it's as if every down is third down now, and that takes some getting used to. "He's learning an awful lot," Schwartz said. "The biggest thing is just getting him used to our scheme. It's much more of an attack scheme than he was used to in college, where he was used to reading blocks. When the lights go on a little bit, he still has a tendency to go back to that. But he's getting that out of himself pretty quickly. By the time we get to the minicamp session (June 23-25), I would assume that he's got most of that old technique behind him."

Source: The Detroit News

2. Rich7880

Rich7880 HOLD ME!

He's going to be good