Lions Select Auburn DT Nick Fairley (Rd.1, No.13)

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions' started by SRW, Apr 28, 2011.

1. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Not likely. If the Lions wanted line help they should have gone with Quinn. None of the DE's had more than 9 sacks, which was Avril, who is not really and every down player.

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

this is better than suh and mccoy imo....suh will play over tackle and still throw people around.

both players play to not only hurt, but kill people...and i called this pick :-)

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

^^this...

4. lionheart?

lionheart? StafFORD=Franchise

FINALLY its a good day to be a Lions fan, best player available a no brainer pick. Plenty of talent in the second round and Mayhew will rape someone and get what we need. OT should be #1 priority

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Go back and watch any game of his this past year. Specifically the BCS championship game. I don't like him any more than you, but dude can ball.
    1. More than Newton? That's ridiculous.
    2. I could see him being a bust before the pick but like I said aerlier, Suh will kick him in the butt and keep him in line and motivated.
    Prince is a stud, no doubt. But they've got the best young combo of DTs in the league now which will help the run defense and pass defense.

6. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

Nasty DT rotation. Then Vandenbosch coming back too damn!

7. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

about "being on fairleys nuts"

he was spectacular last year, better than gerald mccoy and put together a season so dominate for a DT id put it only behind suh.

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

lol @ the packer fan ripping this pick. worry much ? you should, rogers sure is now because the extra push the lions just added to the middle of the line is going to open the DE's up to throttle QB's.

9. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

It's a Dolphins fan.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

well that explains the flawed thinking.

11. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I could have easily just added that to the end of my post, but refrained from doing so. The road less traveled.

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

good call sir.

13. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I guess I'm the minority but we will see.