Lions WR Calvin Johnson Fustrated With Losing, Lack Of Recognition

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions' started by BigBlueBruiser, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Detroit Lions wide receiver Calvin Johnson admits that, entering his fourth season, the constant losing and lack of personal recognition have been frustrating. "Losing always gets to you," Johnson said today during a break in the team's off-season conditioning program at team headquarters in Allen Park. "If you're a competitor, you hate losing. But you've got to know it's part of the game." Despite strong numbers his first three seasons, Johnson has not been to a Pro Bowl, which is a personal goal that he hopes comes along with winning. "Definitely want to be in the Pro Bowl," he said. "I think I'm definitely a caliber player to be in the Pro Bowl. Those are some things that need correcting." Johnson expressed faith in some of the team's off-season acquisitions, such as receivers Nate Burleson and Brian Clark, who could help take the pressure off him.

Source: Detroit Free Press

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2010
  2. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Wants to be a in the pro bowl? lol... Looks like we have a turd in the punch bowl.

1 person likes this.
  3. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

dude...you play for the LIONS....THE LIONS :icon_rolleyes:

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

id be frustrated too...being the best wr in the league and all

5. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Guy'd be a beast anywhere else...

6. K Train

i believe hes hands down the best WR in the league followed by andre johnson and fitz.

i might take some crap for saying that, but the man is nasty

7. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

I'm with you on that, K

Anywhere else, & he's in the conversation when it comes to big trouble at WR. "Nasty" just about covers it...

8. K Train

you put him on NE in 2007 and he shatters moss's record. he put up good numbers in freaking detroit with no qb/a rookie.

i think stafford and cj are going to be sick, lions really are on a track to be a good team in the upcoming years and i will be rooting for them 100% if the steelers draft taylor mays in the first lol

9. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

I understand that he is frustrated but i can see the lions having a much better year specially with the acquisitions that they have made this off-season i can see them going 6-10 so i think things will get turned around for them and he will get some recognition

10. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Calvin Johnson is definitely top 3. I don't have it in an order. I have Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson and Fitz all #1. 1a 1b 1c

11. SweetShot03

SweetShot03 Fuck stupid people

johnson is by far one of the best WR..... it is unfortunite that he has been on the lions. Granted I am glad he didnt get traded cuase I feel that the Lions will have a better season since they seem to be drafting smarter........

but still after this season I am sure he will have had enough and request a trade or become a Free Agent....... it will be sad to lose him but its inevitable.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think he gets the recognition he deserves...he's one of the best receivers in the league and people say that. Get over the Pro-Bowl thing dude...it's meaningless...

13. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Definitely not man, the Pro Bowl means you have a lot of people who watch you play and like you. If you don't make it to the Pro Bowl...a lot of people don't watch you play or like you.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

I disagree. Half the players in the Pro-Bowl don't deserve to be there. It's a meaningless game. The players get recognized for what they do on the field ... maybe the occasional fan doesn't recognize Johnson, but the media and the true football fans give the guy credit. If you did a poll here on who the best WR is, Johnson would get a lot of the vote.

15. lions2055

lions2055 Special Teamer

go lions