Local Affiliate Drops Redskins Game For Eagles Vs Cowboys

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by SRW, Jan 2, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

In a move that reflects the nature of the Washington Redskins' season, WVBT Fox 43 had decided not to air Sunday's scheduled 4:15 p.m. game between the Redskins and San Diego Chargers and instead televise the crucial NFC East clash between the Philadelphia Eagles and Dallas Cowboys, making it the first time in memory that the Redskins have been pre-empted on TV in Hampton Roads. Bruce Rader, sports director at Fox 43, said he suggested the change when Fox switched the Eagles-Cowboys game from 1 p.m. to 4:15. "Honestly," he said, "the Redskins are just unwatchable." Rader went on to say how he was inundated with e-mails after the decision but only five of them objected to the move.

Source: The Virginian-Pilot

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

:Loco:

3. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Awesome!

4. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Redskin Suckitude at its finest

5. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

without direct tv and the HD fan pack all of us suck

6. Jihad Joe

This thread needs to stay open forever

7. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

8. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

:sw:

:rofl:

9. Jihad Joe

Lets all point and laugh at the Redskins fans............now undo your pants in preperation the the LOL@U Golden Shower

10. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

They say it's a caps town now.

11. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I live here... it is a caps town now if it is anything.... but the truth is it's still not really a sports town at all

12. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

Hampton Roads is full of ghetto butt bandwagon Cowboy fans anyways. Works out to their advantage for once in the season.

13. jarhd1775

jarhd1775 Special Teamer

Hampton roads? That place is just outside the NC border, no where near DC. I doubt any redneck in that town has ever even been to a Redskins game.

All the emails the guy recd were requesting the games be replaced by reruns of HeeHaw.

14. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

That is ridiculous i would be pissed off if i was a fan. In 05 i still watched all the eagle games when we went 6-10 and watching mike mcmahon was like watching a train wreck.

15. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

this news is wonderful to my ears
    I pick up hampton roads stations so I can see the game without going to the bar today

woohoo

16. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

[​IMG]

17. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

[​IMG]

Last time we beat anyone? I don't have to pull up Santana roasting you all in 2005 do I? I mean you certainly didn't become a Giants fan after 2007 did you, I'm sure you know what our WR's did that year.

18. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Wrong thread...

:icon_lol:

19. I found those pics hilarious. Don't get your panties in a bunch little man. I've been a Giant fan longer than you've been alive.

Your team is in a far worse situation right now. We may have slumped since starting 5-0, but at least we haven't been called "unwatchable" and had our game pulled from our local affiliate.