Lovie Confirms Bucs Leaning Winston At No. 1

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay Buccaneers' started by markaz, Mar 25, 2015.

1. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Four weeks before theTampa Bay Buccaneers are on officially on the clock in the 2015 NFL Draft on April 30, head coach Lovie Smith does not deny Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston is the leader in the clubhouse to be the No. 1 pick.

"No, I wouldn't say it's an erroneous assumption," Smith said in response to a query about the Bucs taking Winston over Oregon's Marcus Mariota first overall. "I would say when people make that assumption, we haven't had the pro workout [for Winston] yet. But we've done a lot of research, have watched a lot of video and had both of them in and talked with them individually and had them on the board. But the process, the game isn't over yet. I think you can have a leader, but you have to let the game play out and we're doing that. [More]

CBSsports

2. markaz

That time of the year I like more than any other....the pre-draft and all of the comments made by owners, GM's and Head Coaches. Truth or smokescreen it's always interesting to see who put out the greatest amount of horseshirt.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

In other words...if you want him, give us a call...

4. markaz