Major Problems With GIF Today?

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by 86WARD, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Clear your cache and cookies, then logout and login again. Also, make sure you have the "Remember Me" box checked before logging in.

2. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

I did all of those things about an hour ago and it's logged me out twice since.

Is there a feature now that logs you out if you're inactive for a certain amout of time? I've been doing a few things between posts so that may be something.

3. SRW

No there isn't a setting that logs you out. Other have had these issues before but I thought we were passed them. I'll look into it.

4. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

all I know is that since I started using mozilla 3, that I have to log in to every site every time I open a new window. It pisses me off and is every site, not just GIF.

5. SRW

Check your cookies settings mike. Your browser might be setup to delete them after you close your browser.

6. hermhater

hermhater Guest

If you guys continue to have problems go to www.logmein.com and install the free software and create an account.

If you are desperate for a fix I will log onto your computer and take a look.

You can change your account password after I log on so that I won't have access to your computer without your consent.

7. mike oxlong

nope, I don't have the clear data when I close firefox box checked.

I have it set to remember the data that I enter in forms, keep cookies until they expire. Keep history set to 90 days. I always check the remember me box in everything I log into.

As long as I don't close all my windows, Im good, but as soon as I close all my windows and re-open, everything requires me to log-in, my email, yahoo, this place, espn, etc, etc.

8. hermhater

hermhater Guest

That sounds to me like you have in internet history cleaner running.

9. mike oxlong

would that be something that Mozilla runs on its own. The only thing different that I have is that I have Mozilla 3, nothing else is different than before this "problem" arose.

10. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I think I may have found a solution that will work for you.

Give it a shot and let me know if it works for you.

Shut down your browser and delete both of these files cookies.txt and cookies.sqlite.

To find these files use this link.

Profile folder - Firefox - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

11. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

One of the ads on the bottom of the page just took up about 500MB of memory on my computer, and pretty much everything froze up when I was trying to read Susie's comments about her eye in the Random Thought thread...

76.74.239.45/2woeiruweoiu

12. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

Maybe you need Web browsers Update or Cluther cleaner.

13. dolphindude13

The Sprint add at the bottom of the page is giving me one hell of a problem......I guess similar to the problem Brakos seemed to be having earlier in this thread. It pops up on my screen every time I try to make a post. I just cleared my cookies and ran maintenance tonight.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Did that fix it?

15. dolphindude13

Not sure yet waht's going on. I'm not seeing the Sprint add now but the pages are taking several miutes to load. The full page add has popped up on me 3 times in a little over an hour to.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

That's waht was happening to me...but then it just stopped one day...

17. SRW

Clearing your cookies will cause the full-page ad to re-appear since it's cookies based and is setup to show up once every six hours. Clear the cookie...and it thinks you haven't seen the ad yet.

18. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Did I not get the memo or something? where did Smut central go.

19. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

I was having the same problem as Mike and we just tried this, and it worked *dance *dance *dance *dance

Dude you rule

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to hermhater again.

20. mike oxlong

yeah what he said, it wouldn't let me rep you, so I bought you a car, enjoy the ride

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.